2. Devil Fruit

----

The pirate was now lying helplessly by the seashore, and the fear that had restrained everyone had vanished. Only at this moment did they realize that what Anos had said was indeed true!

The pirate, sprawled on the sand, could only glare furiously, lacking even the strength to speak.

Anos approached slowly, concerned that the pirate might survive once the tide receded.

He turned to the burly men who had been knocked down earlier and ordered, "Throw him back into the water. This scum I saved him but then had the nerve to try and eat me? How despicable…"

The bodyguards lifted the pirate's arms while gripping his legs, then tossed him into the deep water.

With no further threats to consider, Anos stepped into the sea, a sinister grin spreading across his lips. He looked back at his followers and commanded, "Bring me fruits and a knife!"

"Anos-sama, you don't need to dirty your hands. Let me handle this," one of the bodyguards suggested hastily.

"Do as I say!" Anos said with a stoic face.

The group fell silent and followed his orders without further comment.

Once everything was prepared, Anos approached the pirate in the water, his grin widening.

He muttered to himself, "I never thought I'd find myself in the world of pirates. How have I not discovered this before, in all these years? I wonder if it's fate, being given such a rare opportunity now."

Despite his thoughts, Anos showed no mercy. If he couldn't kill this pirate on land, then he'd make sure to do it in the sea.

Everyone watched in tense silence, fearing something unexpected. Anos stepped forward and plunged the knife into the pirate's chest without hesitation.

The pirate couldn't react, like a dead fish caught in the tide, helpless against his fate.

The maid behind Anos screamed in shock, clearly unaccustomed to such violence.

But Anos didn't flinch. As the blade pierced the pirate's chest, he focused on the fruit plate. As blood spilled from the pirate's mouth, his body began to sink beneath the waves.

Though uncertain, Anos picked up the fruit plate. It held various fruits, like bananas and apples, but he only had eyes for one.

His anticipation was rewarded. One of the apples started to change, its vibrant red skin turning dull and withered.

The once-luscious fruit transformed, its surface now marked with a strange, spiral pattern, and it took on the texture and colour of aged, rotten wood.

"Anos-sama, what's happening to the apple?" a bodyguard exclaimed, wide-eyed.

Only a Few people in the Kingdom of Tru had ever seen a Devil Fruit. The bodyguards were stunned to witness one appear before Anos so unexpectedly.

Anos, however, remained silent, staring at the transformed fruit, excitement building within him.

Before he could react, a voice echoed in his mind: [ Ding, congratulations to the host for activating the system. Would you like to proceed? ]

Anos froze, stars of excitement dancing in his eyes. The people behind him exchanged puzzled looks. It was just one death, yet their lord seemed overly delighted.

None of them could grasp the magnitude of Anos's exhilaration.

The voice in his mind distracted him from everything else. The Devil Fruit in his hand felt almost irrelevant now. Ignoring the slain pirate, he backed away from the shore, his thoughts racing.

The thrill of his first kill was drowned out by the unexpected arrival of the Devil Fruit. Now, the voice in his head was all he could focus on.

"Everyone, return to the palace at once! We're leaving!" Anos commanded sharply.

He couldn't wait to unlock this new world but needed to ensure nothing strange happened to his body first. The palace was just a few miles away, a short journey on foot.

Misinterpreting his urgency as excitement over the mutated apple, the group hurried to follow, running towards the palace.

Back at the palace, a different tension brewed. Men in white uniforms bearing the emblem of "Justice" stood around, speaking with the old king.

Anos, arriving at the scene, immediately recognized them. After all, knowing where he was meant knowing who they were. The emblem of "Justice" was unmistakable.

But he had no time for them. He rushed towards his room, clutching the Devil Fruit, but his father, the old king, intercepted him.

"Anos, why are you in such a hurry?" the king said with concern in his voice.

"Is that… a Devil Fruit?" a voice cried out in disbelief, drawing everyone's gaze to Anos and the transformed apple in his hand. Even the old king, caught off guard, showed signs of both surprise and curiosity.

But the word 'Devil Fruit' had already echoed through the hall. The marines' attention snapped to Anos and what he held.

He knew what it was, but seeing it here, in his son's hands, with the Marine present, made his joy evaporate. His frown deepened, anxiety overtaking him.

"Where did you get that, boy?" demanded a young marine, his aura commanding and his face stern.

"This is Vice Admiral Sakazuki," the king introduced reluctantly, his voice steady.

"Ah, Vice Admiral Sakazuki, pardon my rudeness earlier. I found this on the beach. It looks a bit odd, doesn't it?" Anos replied politely, bowing.

Inwardly, Anos cursed his luck. 'Damn it, to run into Akainu here? What a nightmare!'

Sakazuki's frown deepened, clearly unsatisfied. But before he could press further, another marine, darker and more imposing, placed a hand on Sakazuki's shoulder.

"We have more urgent matters, Sakazuki," said Zephyr.

Zephyr turned to Anos, a faint smile softening his rugged features. "You've had quite the stroke of luck. Take care of that Devil Fruit and use it to protect your kingdom."

"I will, sir!" Anos replied with a grin.

Z's words reassured Anos that the fruit wouldn't be taken from him, and the old king relaxed, smiling as well.

"Father, I'll be in my room. Please continue your discussion," Anos said in a playful tone.

The old king, eager to avoid more attention on his son, nodded quickly. "Yes, yes, go on."

Anos left, still feeling the weight of several gazes on him. He hated this lack of control.

Only once he reached his room and sensed no one following did he relax. He placed the Devil Fruit by his bed and sat down his heart racing.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes, focusing his thoughts. "System, system…" he whispered in his mind, desperate to reconnect.

If anyone were near, they could almost hear the frantic beating of his heart. Anos sat there, waiting anxiously.

Finally, the mechanical voice returned: [ Would the host like to activate the system? ]

Though the voice was robotic, to Anos, it sounded like the sweetest melody.

"Activate it!" he exclaimed without hesitation.

The mechanical voice continued, [ System activating… Please wait… ]

Before his eyes, a blue vortex swirled, mysterious and deep. It seemed to invite him into another realm.

In this space, everything floated around him, awaiting his choice.

[ The system has been activated. This world is the world of One Piece, and this system is the Universal Mall, offering items equivalent to those found in the One Piece world ]

----

Thank you for reading!