8. Baterilla

On the ship where Anos and the others were sailing, everyone still looked confused as they watched the Marine warship move away.

Daiki walked up to Anos and asked, "Your Majesty, do you know that old man?"

"Of course I do. He can be considered the pinnacle of strength in this world. More importantly, he's currently the most powerful person in the Marine." Anos slightly raised the corner of his mouth, praising him without hesitation.

"Really? But judging by his subordinates, he didn't seem that impressive," Daiki said, a look of surprise on his face.

"You're mistaken, Daiki. That old man is quite fierce, and his perception of his opponents is extremely sharp."

Upon hearing this, Daiki's expression darkened. He wanted to ask more but hesitated.

Seeing that Anos didn't seem concerned, Daiki paused before asking, "Your Majesty, is the method you used to train us related to the Marine?"

Anos smiled and patted Daiki's shoulder. Without any reservations, he said, "You're right. The training method I used for you is a system the Marine has never shared with outsiders. It's also their most powerful set of techniques Rokushiki"

"I see…"

Only then did Daiki understand why Anos hadn't allowed them to display their full strength? If the results of their training, just a group of a hundred, had reached this level, he couldn't even imagine the strength of those still in the Marines.

He wasn't surprised but had lingering questions. How did His Majesty, at just ten years old, come across such secret techniques?

But now wasn't the time to ask. What mattered was his loyalty to his kingdom and his king.

"Stop thinking and get ready to move. We're only halfway, and we need to reach our destination before nightfall," Anos said directly.

"Yes, Your Majesty…"

Anos, having regained his calm, looked at the slowly departing warship, deep in thought about why Garp had come to the South Blue.

This place was far from the Marine's headquarters, quite a journey for him. There had to be a reason for his presence here.

The South Blue was relatively weak and didn't have many pirates. It didn't seem like a place that would warrant the strongest in the Marine's attention.

Moreover, with few  Kingdoms here allied with the World Government, there was little reason for a visit.

"It seems Garp's purpose for being here is related to Baterilla."

After all, it was the birthplace of the Pirate King's son and the final resting place of the Pirate King's wife.

Most people didn't know about the connection between Garp and Pirate King Roger, but Anos, with his broader understanding of the one-piece world, was well aware.

The treasure indicated by the map was also in Baterilla, where the Pirate King's wife had remained. If there wasn't a connection between the two, how could it all be a coincidence?

Anos had always believed there was more to the story. As the king, he had at least some knowledge of the situation in Baterilla.

The island's population hovered around 20,000, with most of it surrounded by mountains. Though connected to the sea, it wasn't a particularly hospitable place for human settlement.

As they sailed on, Anos wasn't in the mood to enjoy the scenery. Instead, he walked along the coastline of his kingdom.

The entire Kingdom wasn't large. It took just a day to sail across it, and with their current slow pace, the land seemed even smaller.