7. Arrival of Garp

----

At present, the entire royal treasury contains less than 200 million Beris at most. For Anos, this amount of money can only cover the food needs of the people.

Therefore, if his strength cannot increase, Anos can't protect himself or the people of his Kingdom.

After studying the treasure map for a while, Anos was slightly surprised. The names and places marked on it were clearly within his kingdom.

But the key issue is that Anos had never even left the capital of this kingdom since his birth, let alone knew anything about the world outside.

After pondering for a long time in his small chamber, Anos stood up, picked up his demon blade, and walked out of the room.

"Summon Daiki, I need to ask him something," Anos commanded the maid stationed outside the door.

"Yes, Your Majesty…"

As the details of the situation started to unfold, it was evident that making use of the treasure map was immediately necessary since it wouldn't be of much use in the near future.

After nearly half an hour, Daiki arrived promptly.

Upon seeing him, Daiki bowed respectfully. "Your Majesty, I heard you were looking for me?"

"Yes, I want to ask if you're familiar with a place called Takao Mountain in our kingdom?" Anos asked directly.

"Your Majesty, I've never heard of it. Why do you ask about such a place all of a sudden?" Daiki replied.

Anos didn't hold back and handed Daiki the treasure map left behind by the old king.

Daiki glanced at it and then, somewhat perplexed, said to Anos, "Your Majesty, this seems to be Baterilla, the area closest to the Kingdom of Tru within our territory."

"Is it far from here?" Anos inquired.

"Not too far. Our kingdom isn't large, but it would still take at least a day to get there," Daiki replied.

Anos thought for a moment, feeling an inexplicable familiarity with the name, but ultimately couldn't place it.

"Prepare to leave tomorrow morning. We will go together," Anos ordered.

"Yes, Your Majesty…"

Despite these new plans, Anos' daily training continued uninterrupted.

His routine of running, push-ups, and frog jumps had been part of him for so long that it took less than half an hour to complete.

A ten-kilometre run would take mere minutes if he used his abilities, but Anos took it seriously, believing that some things needed to be done with diligence.

The next day, just after dawn, they set sail. It was Anos' first time leaving the palace, and though his expression was calm, excitement surged within him.

In the One Piece world, what most people crave is freedom but can such freedom truly exist?

Following the coastline, they observed the living conditions of various places, and it became apparent to Anos that most people lived in misery. This only solidified his resolve to change the kingdom's situation.

Their ship, originally used by pirates, was quite large, capable of accommodating 300 to 500 people.

With the flag changed, it looked much more imposing and dignified. The former pirates are now laboured on construction projects within the royal city's borders.

"The feeling of being at sea is laboured. Once things settle here, I'd love to explore more," Anos said, standing at the bow of the ship.

"The future of the kingdom is in your hands, Your Majesty," said one of the maids behind him with a smile.