9. Blessing or curse -1

Vote if you like the chapter

---

Immediately afterwards, the scene before everyone no longer resembled the original forest.

"Your Majesty, there's a road ahead!" Daiki shouted excitedly, his voice was filled with enthusiasm.

After all, they had searched this area many times without ever finding a road. However, as the massive tree slowly toppled, the surrounding scenery seemed to transform entirely.

Anos noticed the change immediately. He glanced at the road ahead and then back at the enormous tree still falling.

As the giant tree descended, countless others snapped under its weight. The moment it crashed to the ground, a tremendous noise echoed, and even the earth began to tremble.

Daiki quickly ran to Anos, gazing at the fallen tree. He couldn't understand why all their previous problems had suddenly been resolved by the tree's fall.

"Your Majesty, what exactly is happening?" Daiki asked respectfully, his curiosity evident.

Anos was unsure himself. He had observed the massive tree before but never expected its fall to dissolve the barrier that had perplexed them.

"I'm not entirely sure. It seems this treasure holds more mysteries than we anticipated. If we can claim it, our Kingdom of Tru will prosper," Anos said with a smile.

"Indeed, Your Majesty. Now that the barrier is lifted, we should reach our destination before nightfall," Daiki replied.

"Then let's move quickly. We can investigate the details later," Anos said, patting Daiki on the shoulder.

None of them could explain the sudden changes and the area remained difficult to comprehend. It felt as though the land had shifted on its own.

A path, nearly two meters wide, had appeared before them, but no one knew where it led. According to the treasure map: "Open the barrier, and the treasure will reveal itself."

This confirmed that the path likely led to the treasure, though it was uncertain what dangers were hidden ahead.

Anos sheathed his demon sword, Muramasa, running his hand along the scabbard before securing it at his waist, ready to move forward.

"Your Majesty, please allow me to lead. We don't know what dangers might await," Daiki urged, concerned.

"Don't worry, Daiki. Both our lives are valuable, but with my strength, I should go ahead." Anos smiled.

"Your Majesty, you always think of us..."

"Whatever you command, I will follow without hesitation."

"A king like you is truly worthy of our loyalty!" The soldiers behind him, moved by Anos' words, praised him wholeheartedly.

As they pressed onward, none of them noticed that the felled tree behind them was slowly disappearing, vanishing in silence as they moved farther away.

"Your Majesty, you've been working hard. Would you like to rest?" Daiki asked after they had been walking for nearly an hour.

"No need. Let's finish this quickly. This level of exertion is nothing for us," Anos replied calmly.

Daiki smiled and continued following Anos. They had been walking for an hour, yet the trail showed no end. The towering trees on either side added to the unease they all felt.

Despite Baterilla Island's vastness, it felt odd that at their speed, they hadn't reached the summit after an hour of walking.

Although they had been ascending steadily, it seemed as if they were walking in circles.