26. King of Roya - 1

Vote for more chapters!⭐⭐⭐

----

The corpses in front of him no longer shocked him.

Perhaps he had gradually adapted to such an environment. After all, since arriving in this world, he had to face such scenes frequently. For him, there was no room for kindness anymore.

He stepped over the corpses and slowly made his way toward the palace hall, while Losta followed closely with a few others.

If it weren't for the presence of so many corpses, the palace scenery could be described as perfect. Even with the bodies scattered about, its beauty was hardly diminished.

However, upon entering the palace, everyone was astonished by the opulence inside. The dome was circular, rising at least fifty meters high.

In the vast hall, even the sound of their breathing echoed.

At the top of the hall sat the throne, clearly belonging to the King of Roya.

The golden seat was made of pure gold. A massive red gemstone, nearly two meters wide, was embedded at the top. It was large enough to seat two or three people.

The walls and pillars of the palace were adorned with gold. Decorating the hall alone must have cost billions of Beris.

As a kingdom with a vast land area, the Roya Kingdom had subjected its citizens to harsh living conditions. It was unimaginable just how extravagant the king must have been.

There were no corpses in the hall they must have fled. This only enhanced the elegance and luxury of the setting.

The dome of the palace was entirely made of glass, allowing sunlight to pour in and making the entire palace appear even more magnificent.

"Your Majesty, this place is truly astounding!" Losta exclaimed in awe, clearly overwhelmed by the grandeur.

"I wonder how many lives were sacrificed to build this. But now, I'm more curious about one thing just how much treasure does this king have in his vault?" Anos smiled as he spoke.

"Your Majesty, we will make an inventory as soon as possible and report back," Losta responded.

"What do you think about relocating the palace here in the future?" Anos asked.

"It's not impossible, but the two places are far apart. I think the location of our palace in Tru Kingdom is better. The Nanniwa Port has been established and refined, and all commerce is centred there. This place isn't as convenient," Losta replied.

"You're right, but it's a shame to let such a magnificent structure go to waste," Anos said with a sigh.

"The commercial plans I had in mind will be implemented here as soon as possible. After staying here for two days, we'll head back."

"Let's organize the plans thoroughly. I don't expect cities like Seavane City and Moonveil to reach our current state within two years, but at the very least, we must solve the people's survival issues within that time. What comes next will be your responsibility."

"You must provide me with a plan before we return. You're not only the kingdom's treasurer but also the protector of the people's welfare."

Anos spoke calmly to Losta, with a poker face.

Losta, despite her cautious demeanour, felt a surge of excitement within. This was a monumental project, and even she had to approach it with great care.

Fortunately, she and his team had already been planning, so now it was just a matter of fine-tuning based on the current situation of the kingdom.

When Losta was first recognized by Anos, she was just a palace official responsible for external communications.

Anos had been impressed by her cleverness and quick thinking, promoting her from the lowest rank to a top position within the kingdom.

Anos's decision had proven wise. Losta had demonstrated immense value in managing Tru Kingdom's affairs.

From the poverty of the Kingdom's early days to the profound changes achieved in just over two years, while the plans were issued by Anos, Losta was the one who executed them, often exceeding expectations.

Now, hearing about this new mission, Losta felt less anxiety and more responsibility.

Pushing up her glasses, Losta crossed her hands at her waist and bowed respectfully. "Your Majesty, rest assured, I will present a thorough plan in two days."

"You have worked hard on this, and the kingdom will not forget your contributions. You will be rewarded for all your efforts."

"Your Majesty is too kind," Losta replied quickly.

Anos looked at the bent-over Losta and patted her shoulder reassuringly. Though Losta was nearly ten years older than Anos, her sharp thinking commanded everyone's respect.

"Let's see what happened to the King of Roya. I wonder where he's fallen?" Anos said with a smile.

"King of Roya? Your Majesty, that large man lying in front of the hall earlier must have been King of Roya!" Losta suddenly remembered.

When they first entered, he had noticed the large, lifeless figure wearing a crown. There were no other people left in the palace, so most had died outside.

As for the king, a man of little physical strength, he couldn't have escaped faster than the others.

"Really? Then we'd better go have a look..."

Anos, filled with childlike curiosity, walked outside. He hadn't paid much attention to the corpses earlier.

But now, stepping out, he saw the massive figure of at least five or six hundred pounds lying on the ground. His luxurious attire, unique to the Roya Kingdom, and the ornate crown on his head, adorned with dozens of large gems, confirmed his identity.

---

If you want to support me & read advanced chapters ahead on P@treon.

p@treon/Iamxeno

Thank you for reading!