10. Sanctuary, Then Longing 🔞

Mikha POV:

"Okay, I'm setting these new rules. First, do not open the door unless you knock three times. But if no one is there, don't touch my items and only give permission to me when you need it, okay?" I said and she nodded, but she has something to say.

"Kung may nilabhan akong damit galing sa'yo, ilagay ko ba sa kama mo o sa closet para di ma magulo ang apartment natin?" She curiously asked and I shook my head off, not wanting her to be the one to do it.

"No, ako na maglalaba sa ating mga damit. Kahit anong damit ginagamit mo, ako na maglalaba. Besides, meron naman akong washing machine gagamitin, diba? Kaya nalipat ako dito para lang " I clarified and she nodded slowly, not wanting to argue more about it.

"Next do not disturb me. I'll set the signs on my door since I'm lecturing myself inside. Gets ba?" I formally said and she nodded again.

"Lastly, ako lang magluto ng breakfast, and since you're early to leave and I'm always somehow late. It's the decision if you're willing to cook dinner for both of us, and if you are going out and telling me that you're going to a restaurant, I'll cook myself at home. Understood?" I formally clarified and she just nodded, didn't even say a word. Isn't it weird? That I'm pushing her away? I curiously thought to myself before putting it to the fridge.

-

-

Days Passed...

-

-

As soon as I went home to our apartment, she was nowhere, nothing to be seen. Huh. She didn't even tell me where. I thought to myself before my phone got a vibration and I took it from my pocket. A message from Aiah.

‎-

Aiah, my roommate.

Aiah: Hey, di muna ako uuwi until tomorrow. May gagawin ako para bukas and I couldn't go to school tomorrow. I already told the faculties, don't worry about me.
Seen, 4:50 PM.

Me: 👍
Seen, 4:50 PM.

Isn't it weird that she wasn't usually go home late like this? I thought to myself before resting since it's Thursday tomorrow. And I'll be half-day tomorrow. Gosh, finally. I thought to myself.

-

-

A Few Weeks Passed...

-

-

Weeks passed, and Aiah goes home late and I couldn't bear but I wanted her presence. But no, it's far too much that I couldn't handle anymore. The way that she never disturbs me feels like I have realized that the rules really did implement on her mind, making me feel like that she was gone cold through me.

I went home after the end of a gruesome weekdays. I opened the door and Aiah was nowhere to be seen, not even once I could blame her for that.

I moved forward to Aiah's door and knocked three times, no respond. So I decided what I did, opened her bedroom door... and was sleeping at noon. Is she drunk these days? Pero, pasado naman siya, but why didn't she tell me that she slept most of the time? I was so confused for this. I thought to myself before sitting on her bed.

I slowly woke her up by moving her shoulders if she could respond, and she did. Gosh, why wouldn't I ignore this beauty of a mental person? I thought to myself.

"hmm... bakit ka nandito sa room ko?" She said in a low and husky voice that got me bitter than everything else that I could expect.

"It's noon, and why you weren't at class earlier? I cooked you breakfast but when I saw it and hindi ka man lang kinain ang niluluto ko. What happened ba?" I said in a curious but serious and determined tone that I wanted her to explain what happened to her behaviour these past few days.

"Can we just talk while I'm eating lunch for now... I'm hungry..." She said in a low tone and I let her be, waiting for her explanation that I wanted to hear.

-

-

Time Passes...

-

-

"Okay, you can explain now. Anyare sa pag-uugali mo these past few days? I've rarely seen you these days. But when we crossed paths, you've gone cold through me, why?" I questioned her straight to the point that I wouldn't want a cut off by something I never done before.

"Fine, if that's what you want." She said and started explaining.

"So after nag implement ka ng new rules, it feels like I just want to be alone. I was mostly with Stacey and Sheena mostly because they were the one that can hold my presence and comfort me. Since you've never noticed me in my room and have never, ever noticed my presence. I've gone cold through you, but when I started distancing you, I was crying on my room, dahil lang sa rules mo na alam ko na puro busy ka sa college life. But what if lang naman talaga na kung pwede lang sana tayo magkasama despite me courting you without the needing of love affirmation. But I have no choice, I just wanted to end it for now and you'll be remained a roommate to me. Will you accept it?" She fully explained, and in mid-sentence, her tears began falling out of it and tried not to cry in front of me while explaining the situations that I realized she couldn't handle. Am I getting too far? Is she really longing for me of my presence? I thought to myself and I kept myself frozen, unable to move as I couldn't handle the distances we've gone apart.

"I-i-i... I'm sorry... Aiah... Di ko manlang inaasahan na gusto mo talaga ako..." I stuttered while apologizing to her, still crying and I stood up and hugged her, not wanting a breakdown.

"I-i-i don't know. K-kung ayaw mo n-na talaga, let's e-end the courting na... okay lang ba?" Aiah said while stuttering because she's still crying. Sasagutin ko na ba to? Hays tadhana, ako nalang bahala. I thought to myself before thinking fully.

"Sasagutin na kita."

‎ ‎

To Be Continued...