a sweet lover's kiss

The next morning, Alicent—or Sitara—woke up as the gentle rays of the sun kissed her face, her beautiful emerald eyes fluttering open. A soft blush spread across her cheeks as she remembered the events of last night. Oh, that union, she thought, her face growing warmer. As she became fully awake, she realized with a start that she wasn’t wearing any clothes, and the realization made her shy, even though neither Alicent nor Sitara were strangers to such moments. Alicent had been married before, and Sitara had experienced relationships during her time at Hogwarts, but none had ever felt as significant as what she had shared last night. There was something so intimate, so pure, and so simply divine about it.

A smile played on her lips as she sat up, feeling a slight soreness in her body. Suddenly, a low chuckle came from behind her, and strong arms wrapped gently around her waist, pulling her back into a warm embrace. She found herself leaning against Daemon Targaryen’s chest, her hair falling across his face. She twisted slightly, her upper body resting against his bare chest. "Good morning," he murmured, placing a tender kiss on her lips, making her laugh softly. His hands caressed her back gently, and the two of them became lost in each other's eyes, as though they were teenagers experiencing the first flutterings of love.

"You have such a beautiful blush, my lady, my precious imposter queen," he teased, his voice filled with affection, causing her to laugh. She leaned in, connecting their lips once again, their hands exploring in the soft, gentle intimacy of the morning.

After some time, when the sun had risen higher in the sky, Sitara knew she had to leave. As she tried to rise, Daemon pulled her back into his arms. "Where are you going, Tara?" he asked, a playful smile on his lips, and hearing him call her Tara so intimately made her heart flutter.

"I have to go," she said, her blush deepening. "The sun is up, and if I don’t return to my chambers soon, people will start to wonder where the queen has gone." Daemon sighed in response, releasing her reluctantly. She picked up her nightgown, slipping it over her head, and reached for her cloak.

Just as she was about to leave, he caught her hand, stopping her. "You can’t go through the door," he said with a grin. "The guards who stood outside last night are probably awake by now and would be very confused."

"Then how will I go?" she asked, a soft smile tugging at her lips.

Without missing a beat, Daemon grabbed her hand, revealing a secret door in his chambers. He led her through it, the two of them stifling their giggles like children sneaking past watchful eyes. When they arrived at her chambers, he opened the door for her, pausing only to give her a final lingering kiss before he pulled back.

"There you are, my queen," he said with a playful smile, watching as she entered her chambers, leaving behind the shared warmth of the morning.

As Sitara—or Alicent, as the world now saw her—reached her chambers after bidding Daemon goodbye, she immediately headed toward her bathing area. The warm, fragrant air greeted her, and she saw that her hot bath had already been drawn, just as she had instructed her maids. This was one of her strictest commands—to always have her bath ready before she woke up, as she cherished soaking in the mornings, allowing herself a moment of peace and reflection. The water was the perfect temperature, steam rising from it as she undressed, slipping out of her nightclothes with an effortless grace.

She slid into the bath, the warm water embracing her sore body as if soothing her every muscle. The familiar scent of rose petals surrounded her, their bright red color dancing on the surface of the water. Normally, she enjoyed the calming properties of the roses, their scent grounding her in her ritual of relaxation. But today, her cheeks were as red as the petals themselves, her mind constantly wandering back to the events of last night. Her lips curved into a smile as she leaned back into the bath, letting the warmth wash over her.