Secret Night Rides

The chamber was quiet except for the soft cooing of Aegon and Sirion, their tiny hands reaching for Alicent as she fed them in the soft glow of candlelight. The heavy, ornate curtains blocked out the evening sky, casting long shadows on the walls. The warmth of the hearth enveloped the room in a cozy embrace, making the moment feel peaceful, intimate.

Just as Alicent was about to lay her sons down for the night, the sound of a hidden door creaking open caught her attention. Her heart leapt, recognizing the familiar presence. She turned quickly, her breath catching in her throat when she saw Daemon Targaryen stepping through the concealed doorway. His eyes gleamed mischievously in the dim light, a devilish smirk playing on his lips.

Her face broke into a radiant smile as if the tension of the entire day melted away in an instant. She had longed for this—just to be in his arms, to lose herself in him, but she had been restrained by her duties, her title, and the constant eyes watching her every move. But now, in this secret moment, there was no one to stop her.

Without a second thought, Alicent rushed toward him, the weight of her responsibilities momentarily forgotten. She launched herself into his waiting arms, and Daemon, always quick and strong, lifted her off the ground with ease. Her laughter filled the room as he twirled her around, her skirts swirling around her legs. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, her heart beating in time with his.

When he brought her down from the air, their lips met in a kiss that was both sweet and filled with the fire of all the moments they had been apart. His touch was electric, and for a brief moment, it was only them—Daemon and Alicent, lovers lost in their world.

As they finally separated, Alicent’s breath came out in a soft sigh, her eyes still locked on his, her lips tingling from the kiss. But Daemon’s gaze held something playful, something that hinted at plans beyond their private embrace. He tilted his head slightly, an amused look on his face.

“As much as I am loving this,” Daemon began, his voice rich and teasing, “we have something else to do right now.”

Alicent’s brow furrowed in confusion, her thoughts still clouded with the remnants of their kiss. “What are we doing?” she asked, her voice soft but curious.

Daemon’s smirk deepened as he leaned in closer, brushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear. “Take the kids,” he said cryptically. “We are going somewhere.”

Her confusion only grew, but Daemon’s tone left no room for argument. Still, she couldn’t help but press further, her curiosity piqued. “Where?” she asked, her tone light but insistent.

Daemon’s only answer was a smile, one that held the secrets of his Targaryen bloodline. “It’s a Targaryen tradition,” he said, his words rolling off his tongue as though it explained everything. “Just take the kids.”

With a resigned but affectionate sigh, Alicent did as he asked. She picked up Aegon, his tiny body warm and soft in her arms, while Daemon gently cradled Sirion. Together, they left the confines of the chamber, Daemon’s hand gripping hers tightly, guiding her through the winding, shadowed secret passages that only a few knew existed.

The stone walls were cool to the touch, the air within the tunnels damp and ancient. Alicent’s heartbeat quickened with every step as the unknown loomed before her. Where was Daemon leading her? And why in the dead of night?

The passage opened into a clearing under the night sky, the full moon casting an ethereal glow over the grounds. The air here was cooler, fresh, and filled with the sounds of the distant sea. In the middle of the clearing, Caraxes, Daemon’s dragon, lay curled, his massive form bathed in moonlight, resting peacefully as though waiting for them.