The Night of Revelry

As moonlight spilled through the narrow, stained-glass windows of the Dragonstone, the legendary halls whispered the secrets of those who treaded them. Daemon and Alicent found themselves wrapped in each other’s arms, a pair of unexpected lovers tangled in passion and trust. The candlelight flickered around them, casting shadows that danced across their faces, creating a mirage of warmth and devotion as they stood together in Aegon the Conqueror’s chambers—a room soaked in both history and power.

Daemon pressed his lips against Alicent’s neck, tracing the familiar path he had memorized over time. He felt her pulse quicken, a subtle beat under his lips, each thrum a reminder of their shared intimacy. Alicent let out a soft, contented sigh, her hands moving over his shoulders, pulling him closer.

"I really loved you defending me today," she murmured, her voice a blend of gratitude and relief, a confession that tugged at something deeper within Daemon.

Daemon paused, his gaze intense as he looked into her eyes. A faint smile curved his lips as he tightened his hold around her waist, pulling her body flush against his. "You are my queen, the goddess I worship," he replied, his words a vow of fealty beyond politics or throne rooms. "Of course, I'm going to defend you, be it with my sword, with my heart, or with my body. I will always stand by your side, defending you, worshipping you."

As he spoke, he slowly undid the ties of her gown, his fingers moving with reverence, as though undressing her was an act of devotion. For Daemon, this wasn’t simply passion; it was his own brand of loyalty, one forged in fire and sealed in silence. Alicent’s eyes softened as she felt his hands move over her with unrestrained grace, as though he knew every curve, every line.

Yet, even as she leaned into his touch, a thought stirred within her, a dark echo that refused to quiet. "But whatever happened today has definitely ignited Rhaenyra," she murmured, her brow furrowing as a shadow crossed her face. "No matter how much you deny it, she is still a dragon—one said to be as unpredictable as you. I don't think she’ll sit quietly after this."

Daemon's gaze darkened, a flicker of frustration sparking in his eyes. Without a word, he lifted her, tossing her onto the bed, his expression a blend of challenge and defiance. "Let her try what she can," he replied, his voice low, carrying a promise as fierce as it was dangerous. He loomed over her, his smirk daring, pulling her close again, his lips capturing hers in a kiss that made her laugh—a sound that held both joy and a hint of rebellion.

"Oh, it seems like the prince wants another child," she teased, her fingers threading through his hair as she looked up at him, amusement dancing in her gaze.

"Of course I do," Daemon replied with conviction, his voice softened by an undercurrent of longing. He held her face in his hands, looking deeply into her eyes as though she was the one thing in his world worth worshiping. "This time, I want to spend every moment with you, every trial and every joy, through every heartbeat of life we create together."

Alicent’s expression softened, her hand moving to rest over his heart, feeling its steady beat beneath her palm, grounding her. "If Thanatos wills it," she whispered, her words both a hope and a silent prayer.

They fell back together, lost in each other’s presence, finding a fleeting haven in a world that only knew chaos. In that moment, wrapped in warmth and whispered promises, they held onto each other like anchor and compass, as though they were two souls adrift, yet bound together by a thread that neither time nor fate could sever.

Six months had passed since they had all returned to the Red Keep from Dragonstone, and yet it was barely recognizable to Rhaenyra. Everything felt changed, the halls seemed colder, the shadows longer, and the familiar faces more guarded. The return should have marked a renewed unity, but the atmosphere of the Keep was tense, the whispers growing sharper each day. And now, with Vermithor, the mighty bronze beast that had chosen to bond with little Sirion, it was like living in the echo of her family’s looming power. Rhaenyra’s gaze would often find Vermithor’s hulking form circling above the Red Keep or settled on Visenya’s Hill, proudly vigilant over her stepmother’s son, a child not even old enough to realize the magnitude of his bond.