Twelve

"Man, I wanted to apologize to you about what I had said. I was just upset about you arriving when I was going to take Miranda to the meal my mom and then eventually made we made together." Chris said as both Miranda and Trevor ate their muffins as Chris tried to hide his smirk. Trevor then nodded as he finished up before Chris went back into the kitchen and started transporting the food to the dining table before Samantha went and sat in her seat. Trevor and Miranda went and threw away their empty muffin papers before they went and sat down with Trevor on one side of Miranda looking at Samantha confused and Chris sitting on the other side of Miranda with Chris getting a good view of Miranda's very visible chest. Chris looked up at Samantha and knew that something was wrong and he knew that he had to taint another muffin to give to his mom after they finished eating and so he stood up and then sneakily grabbed another muffin and then he quickly headed to his bedroom. All three of them watched him without saying anything to anyone else, and then Samantha folded her hands, and she then immediately placed her head on her hands before she silently started to pray. Trevor then looked at Miranda with a confused look on his face as he pointed to Samantha and then Miranda shrugged as Chris carried the now tainted muffins with the last of the memory loss potion to her bedroom after he altered the potion to make her forget about the current day after she went to sleep. He then walked out of the bedroom with a smile on his face before hiding it as he went and sat down next to Miranda again before the three teens folded their hands and then started to silently pray as well. A moment later, they all say up and started to eat while Chris came up with questions to figure out who Miranda really is while not noticing that Samantha was subtly shaking her head no since she didn't want to see her her son hurt in any way by Miranda.

"So, Miranda. What do your parents do?" Chris asked before he scooped some mashed potatoes into his mouth while Samantha and Trevor watched her for her answer before she started to become red in the face. She knew Chris didn't know that she never wanted to talk about her parents, but she knew that she had to act like a gracious guest since she wanted to keep up her good girl image. She then took a deep breath as she took a bite of meatloaf as she had to try to remember her parents' job while also coming up with any questions that any three of them could ask her. Trevor felt bad that he didn't put in a lot of effort to get to know Miranda more but he knew that he was going to try harder not knowing that he was going to lose her the next day. Miranda then smiled as she looked over at Chris as she knew that she had to give them all an answer since she was sure that Chris and Samantha didn't understand how she was living alone and what caused the move. Miranda didn't want to look like she was a spoiled child thinking that being poor was as easy as being rich like her old friends and her past family, but she knew that she couldn't control what others were going to think of her. Miranda then closed her eyes and immediately took a deep breath since she knew that she had to tell them something or she would be looked as suspicious since the three around her knew that her family was rich but couldn't understand why she wasn't anymore even if she decided to live the poor life. She looked up and looked around before she noticed that everyone  was starting to get annoyed with the fact that she was stalling to give them an answer.

"My parents own a few restaurants and hotels." Miranda said before Samantha and Chris smiled at each other with secret mischievous grins even though Trevor had noticed the grins, but he knew not to confront them with Miranda in the room knowing her deadly short temper. He then looked down at his plate before grabbing more food knowing that he wouldn't get this kind of home cooked meal at his home and Samantha smiled as she noticed  how much food he was putting on his plate and she knew a way for him to feel bad about himself enough to leave Miranda so that Chris could have a shot with her. Samantha then folded her hands and immediately placed her head on her hands while she stared at Trevor  making him feel a little uncomfortable since he didn't know what she was thinking or what she could be planting Trevor then immediately stood up and left for the bathroom as Chris and Samantha knew that it was time for them to make their move on Miranda before Chris looked over at Samantha and subtly pointed her to the bathroom as he knew that he needed some more time alone with Miranda. Samantha stood up and went to the bathroom to both check in on Trevor and to give Chris and Miranda some time alone. Miranda didn't notice as she looked down at the plate as she wondered what the time was, and then she looked at Chris after he had put his hand on her leg to make her feel more comfortable.