Nine

"I hope you had a good night last night. I felt bad that I couldn't stay and help you feel at home. But oh well, you look like you had a good night's sleep." Trevor said with a guilty look on his face before Miranda turned him to her and then she kissed him as the boy watched them while walking behind them and he started to feel jealous. He wondered why he couldn't even get to talk to her for a few minutes but yet Trevor was with her and he knew that he had to do what he needed to do he could get some time alone with Miranda. He then walked past them before Miranda watched him confused before she shrugged and then they all walked into the school and Miranda immediately went and grabbed herself some breakfast as the boy and Trevor both went to their classrooms. Miranda grabbed the bag and then she stared to head to her classroom and started to eat while hiding it since she now could not afford to get kicked out of the school. After she finished her muffin, Miranda put the rest of the food in her backpack and then she pulled out her notebook as she hoped that she would not be able to cause any more trouble for the next few weeks so that she could settle into her new life. Miranda then closed her eyes and then she took a deep breath while she also put her hand on her stomach as she knew that even though she was meeting her mother after school, she knew that she had to get a bank account set up and then she had to go grocery shopping after everything else. The boy looked up and noticed that Miranda is sitting in front of him and then he smiled as he watched her put her hand on her stomach as he had an idea to get her alone with him so he could try to change her mind about Trevor.

"Psst, you wanna come over to my mom's apartment for dinner tonight? I am sure you're going to have a good meal. My mom always takes care of everyone that she comes in contact with. To be honest with you, it is kinda annoying to deal with." The boy said while Miranda looked forward while staying quiet since she had no idea what she should say next. She wanted to turn him down so that she could get some of her errands done but she also believed that it would be a great idea to get to know her neighbors. So she then closed her eyes  while taking a deep breath as she tried to figure out what her answer was going to be next and then she smiled before she turned around to the boy. Miranda noticed that the boy sat up as he waited for her answer and she knew that since they were surrounded by their classmates that Miranda could not reject him anymore and that she had to accept his invitation. But before she answered him, Miranda knew that she had to tell him that she had to meet with her mother before she could come over while she hoped that he would understand why she was not going to say yes right away. Even though Miranda understood that the boy may not understand what she was going on with her family so she knew that she could not tell him right away about her family situation. Thr boy continued to watch her as he started to feel confused as to why he was not getting an answer from her but he had hoped that she would be able to answer him soon.

"Ok, I have made my decision. But before I give you my answer I need to talk you something first. I have to meet my mom before hand so me and her can talk about what she wants to talk about. But after that, meet me at my apartment. Then I would love to come and have dinner with your family." Miranda said before the teacher cleared his throat and then Miranda immediately turned forward as the rest of the class giggled watching her. She had felt embarrassed but she knew that she had brought it upon herself and knew that in the future that she would do better. As the rest of the class settled down while the teacher set up his lesson for that class period, the boy smiled as he knew that this was his one chance to make the most of thr time he was about to have with Miranda. And he had felt happy that he now had extra time to clean his little room so that he had an extra point with Miranda since his mom told him that girls liked men with clean bed rooms. The boy then smiled while trying to keep himself behaved as he knew that he wanted to make himself look good while also looking cool so he could impress the cool kids so that he could make new friends. The teacher looked at the rest of the students as he knew that he was not getting paid enough to deal with the teens but he then took a deep breath as he kept his confident demeanor so he could keep control of all the students.