Ten

"Thank you so much, ma'am. Have a good day. Oh here you go." Miranda said before she reached in and then she put a one hundred dollar bill in the tip jar and then she turned around and went out to the outside seats. Miranda sighed as she sat down in a seat and then she pulled the manilla folder out of her bag and then she started to read the documents and then she smiled as she read that it was a emancipation seperating her from her father. Miranda took the rest of the food she had and a pen out of her backpack and then she started to eat as she filled out the paperwork while she was waiting for her mother even though she had no idea how far away her mother was. When she was done with the paperwork, Miranda sat back in her chair while she finished her food and then she grabbed her drink and immediately took a drink of her frappe. She sighed as she looked around while not noticing an older car pulling into the parking lot and then her mother got out of the car. Her mother then went inside and grabbed her drink while Miranda started to get upset with herself as she had like her mother wanted to make a fool out of her making her want to leave as soon as possible.

"I'm sorry, but is this seat taken?" Her mother asked before Miranda looked at her and then immediately got up and hugged her tightly with treats streaming down her face as her anger had slowly gone away. Her mother then sat down in front of her and then they started to talk for a little bit before Miranda then closed her eyes and then she took a deep breath. Her mother then looked at her confused wondering what was going through Miranda's mind as her mother took a sip of her drink. She knew that she wanted to tell Miranda her news but she also knew that she had to let Miranda talk about her problems and try to give her some advice. Though she didn't know if Miranda wasn't going to listen to her due to how their relationship used to be before Miranda made her bold move and moved out with some of her stuff. She then took a deep breath while she watched tears started to go down her face and she didn't know what to do next. Miranda then wiped away her tears as she didn't know what she could say or do but she knew that she needed to have a long hard talk even if neither one of them wanted to have the conversation. Miranda then looked up at her mom and knew that she needed to immediately start the conversation since they couldn't stay at the coffee shop forever and she knew that she had to get what was going on out there so her mother could try to give her some advice.

"Mom, I'm in a relationship with one boy and another wants to try to be with me. What do I do?" Miranda asked as she held onto her drink before her mother looked away uncomfortable since her mother didn't even know what to say to her. Miranda kept watching her as she sat back down in her seat as she felt the cold of the winter season creeping up on both of them. They both sat there in awkward silence before her mother looked up at her since she knew it was time for her to say something but it was hard for her to be able to say anything if she had no idea on what to do. Her mother then quickly realized that her baby was now an adult and had now found love before she stood up and then she hugged Miranda with years in her eyes before she sat down and then she wiped her tears away. She knew that she had to let her daughter deal with the boy who was disrupting her relationship but she knew that she had to give any kind of advice that would first pop into her head. She then leaned forward and then smiled as she knew that she had some advice that Miranda wouldn't approve of but she didn't didn't care since she knew that she was just trying to help. Miranda watched her mother while hoping that she would have some advice for her even if she had only start to see her daughter as her own person.

"Well, why don't you also do with him? You are young. You have time to be able to have some fun. But I also have something to tell you." Her mother said before Miranda looked at her shocked about what her mother told her. She couldn't believe her mother had told her to essentially to give messing around behind her first ever boyfriend's back a try even though she knew that she needed to be taught to be loyal to anyone she loved. Miranda then sat back in her seat while feeling a little defeated because it had become clear to her that her mother was just as bad as her father and her mother was not going to change even if she had believed her mother would change her ways. She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she stood up and then grabbed her coffee and her muffin that the cashier had given her while her mother watched her while feeling very confused about why she was suddenly standing up and getting ready to leave. Miranda knew that she had to get out of there to meet with Chris and tell him that she was already taken but she also over that if she didn't agree to why kind of relationship with her mother then her mother would bother her and guilt trip her into saying yes.