6: gusto kita, ilang ulit ba?

-----------------------
ASHIANNA

The buzzing of Enderun's hallways greeted me as soon as I stepped through the entrance.

Students milled around, talking loudly, a few nodding at me as I passed. I could already feel the weight of another school day looming over me—the same routine, the same faces, the same chaos.

Normally, I could handle it. But today was different. Because of her.

"Hoy, Ashi! Nandiyan na si Mavis!" Mali's voice cut through the din of the hallway as she nudged me playfully.

I shot her a glare, but she just smirked, knowing full well what kind of day I was about to have.

'galit na galit sila dati kila Mavis, ngayon palong palong sa kalokohan nila!'

'parang hindi mga kaibigan!'

Since the race, Mavis has been persistent, to say the least. Every chance she got, she was in my face, pestering me about her so-called feelings.

She'd turned from the terror of Enderun into some lovesick puppy, and the shift was driving me nuts.

As if that wasn't enough, my friends had noticed her ridiculous behavior and started teasing me non-stop.

And there she was—walking down the hallway like she owned the place, her red hair bouncing with every confident step.

Her eyes locked on me, and I knew what was coming next.

"Ashi!" Mavis called out, her voice annoyingly cheerful as she weaved her way through the crowd.

"Here we go again" I muttered under my breath, turning to Mali and Jai, who were watching the scene unfold with wide grins.

"Mukhang hindi siya titigil hangga't hindi mo siya pinapansin" Jai teased, nudging me with her elbow.

"Then I won't make pansin!" I grunted

"Baka gusto mo din, 'di mo lang inaamin" Mali added with a wink.

I shot them both a look that could kill. "Please, stop. You're all ridiculous" I snapped, annoyed already.

But they just laughed, making it obvious they had no intention of stopping anytime soon.

I gritted my teeth and turned away, trying to avoid Mavis, but she was too quick.

"Ang kapal talaga ng mukha" I muttered under my breath, mad.

Before I could take a step, she was already standing in front of me, blocking my path with that same smirk she always wore when she was about to do something annoying.

"Hi, Ashi" She said, her voice all sweet and innocent. I didn't trust it for a second.

It sounds so creepy!

"What do you want, Mavis?" I asked, exasperation lacing my tone.

"Wala lang. Gusto lang kitang makita. Miss na kita" She said straightforwardly her eyes gleaming with mischief.

I groaned. "Seriously? Hindi ka ba napapagod sa kakasabi niyan?"

She shrugged, unfazed by my coldness. "Hindi. No. Never— because that's the truth. Pansinin mo na po ako please" She pouted.

"Sus, paawa effect" Jai muttered, making Mali snicker behind me.

I ignored them, crossing my arms as I glared at Mavis. "Tigilan mo na nga ako. You're making things worse."