4: tilted

--------------
ASHIANNA

After that confrontation, I couldn't get the moment out of my head.

The softness of Mavis's lips, the way she smirked afterward—it pissed me off, but at the same time, it left a strange feeling in my chest.

It was hard to focus on anything as I sat at the back of the library, pretending to read, but my mind kept drifting back to her.

"Bakit ko ba iniisip 'yun?" I muttered under my breath, turning the page of my book without even reading it.

It was infuriating.

She had been nothing but a menace since I stepped foot in this school, and now, that kiss—that stupid accidental kiss—was messing with my head.

I heard footsteps approaching, and I immediately stiffened, half expecting Mavis to appear out of nowhere again.

But when I looked up, it was Mali, carrying a stack of books. She plopped down beside me, her usual frown in place.

"Balita? Mukhang galit na galit ka pa rin ah" She said, glancing at me with concern. "May nangyari ba after 'nung eksena kahapon?"

I shook my head, trying to play it cool. "Wala. Nagkita lang ulit kami ni Mavis, as usual, nagbanta na naman siya."

Mali raised an eyebrow, clearly sensing there was more to the story. "Talaga lang ha? Bakit parang ang bigat ng dating mo ngayon?"

I sighed, rubbing my temples. "Basta. I don't want to talk about it, okay?"

Mali shrugged, clearly not convinced but decided to drop it. "If you say so." She leaned back in her chair, staring up at the ceiling. "Pero alam mo, sa tingin ko may gusto 'yang si Mavis sa 'yo." She suddenly added.

"What, ew you're ridiculous" I blinked, my stomach doing a weird flip.

Mali chuckled. "Napansin ko lang. Halos hindi ka na tinatantanan. Baka naman gusto ka niyang asarin dahil may feelings."

I snorted, pushing the ridiculous thoughts aside. "Kilabutan ka nga. She's just a bully, nothing more."

"Bullies have feelings too" Mali teased, a smirk playing on her lips. "Anyway, ingat ka sa kanya. Baka mamaya, umamin na 'yan ng feelings bigla."

I rolled my eyes, but deep down, Mali's  words stuck with me.

Could it be possible? No. Mavis was just playing games, as usual.

That red haired fox was just messing with me.

"Kaaway siya, kaaway." I squinted my eyes while scolding myself. Shaking my head to dodge the stupid thought.

As the days passed, things between me and Mavis didn't exactly cool down. If anything, they heated up. Prank here and there!

There was more tension—more stares from across the room, more run-in in the hallway.

She was always around, and I was constantly on edge. Her presence irritates me.

But there was something different now. It wasn't just the usual animosity between us.

There was a charged energy in every glance, every sarcastic comment weight with something. Something weird.

One afternoon, I was walking down the corridor when I saw her again, leaning casually against the wall near my classroom, arms crossed, her trademark smirk in place.