3: ashi's strike

--------------------

It had been months since Ashi transferred to Enderun, and the tension between her and Mavis hadn't let up.

Mavis had continued her reign of terror, throwing one prank after another, but what the red-haired bully didn't expect was that Ashi had grown tired of holding back.

This time, Ashi was ready.

The final straw had come that morning. Ashi had arrived at school to find her locker filled with spoiled milk, spilling onto her books and uniform.

Her paperwork was drenched and crumpled. The sleepless night she poured on it went nothing.

It was clearly a signature move by Mavis and her crew, and Ashi had had enough.

"Bwisit na manok" She muttered under her breath, storming out the hallways. Not caring about the faint murmurs of the other students.

-------------------

Ashi stood under the wide oak tree, glaring at Mavis from across the courtyard. The sun was beating down, and there was an almost tangible tension in the air.

Mavis, sitting with her Aces, casually chatted as if nothing had happened.

Colen was leaning against the wall, teasing Jai—the school president—while Sace threw crumpled bits of paper at Mali, the two of them bickering like they always did.

But today, Ashi wasn't in the mood for banter.

She stormed over, ignoring the murmurs of students as they watched her approach the Aces' table.

The air seemed to crackle with anticipation, and when Ashi stopped right in front of Mavis, everything went silent.

"You think you're clever?" Ashi growled, eyes locked on Mavis.

Mavis raised a brow, leaning back in her chair with a lazy grin. "Oh, the Cappuccino Girl is here. What's your problem now?" She sneered, acting innocent.

Ashi didn't flinch. Instead, she grabbed the half-full cup of soda on the table and, without hesitation, dumped it on Mavis's head.

The courtyard erupted in gasps and laughter.

Mavis shot up from her chair, her red hair dripping with sticky soda, eyes blazing with fury. “Are you fucking insane?!”

Ashi's face was calm, almost chilling. "No, just tired of your games. I'm done letting you walk all over me."

Mavis took a threatening step forward, but Ashi didn't back down. She stood her ground, glaring back at the bully who had made her life hell for months.

"You've got guts" Mavis spat, shaking soda from her hair. "But you're going to regret this."

"Try me," Ashi shot back, her fists clenched at her sides. "I'm not scared of you, asshole."

"Well you should be" Mavis mocked, hovering at her.

"Why would I? Sino ka ba?" Ashianna didn't back down and gave her the same stare, the intensity.

"Your nightmare" Mavis smirked, husking. Their faces were just inches away.

"Shame, I don't sleep" Mayabang na wika ng dalaga habang nakangiti— bago tinulak ito palayo saka ngumisi sa natulalang si Mavis.

Ashi didn't waste time and walked away with a victorious smirk. She knew she won— her smile say it at all.

That was the first time Ashianna smiled, even though it was in a mischievous way— it left the whole yard in awe to see a beauty!