12: love the way you lie

-------------------

The night air still carried the remnants of their shared kiss, the lingering warmth of connection between Mavis and Ashi that had felt, in the moment, like something real—like something lasting.

But the next day, everything unraveled.

It was part of Mavis's plan from the start, a twisted game of manipulation.

Make Ashi fall for her, win her trust, and then rip it all away. She had done her job, and now it was time to close the book.

Ashi, the girl who had stood up to her, fought back, and ultimately opened up to her, was nothing but another target to toy with.

Mavis had achieved what she set out to do: make Ashi vulnerable, then crush her.

--------------------

Ashi had spent the day thinking about the kiss, replaying the moment over and over in her mind.

For the first time in months, she felt that maybe—just maybe—Mavis had meant something more.

She had been hesitant to let her walls down, but the way Mavis had kissed her felt genuine, like there was something real behind the teasing and pranks.

So, with hope in her heart, she decided to confront Mavis and finally ask what they were to each other.

She found her by the lockers, leaning casually against the wall, as if she didn't have a care in the world.

The sight of Mavis sent a wave of nervousness through Ashi, but she pushed it down, determined to speak her truth.

"Mavis, we need to talk" Ashi started, her voice steady though her heart was racing. "About what happened the other night."

Mavis didn't even look at her at first, but there was a hint of a smirk on her face as she pushed herself off the wall and finally met Ashi's eyes.

"About what?" Mavis asked, her tone flat, like it was just another day for her.

"The kiss." Ashi's voice softened, vulnerability creeping in. "I thought it meant something."

At that, Mavis's smirk widened, but it wasn't the smile Ashi had hoped for. It wasn't kind, or reassuring.

It was cruel.

"Ano 'to, Ashi?" Mavis crossed her arms, her eyes glinting with malice. "You really thought that kiss meant something? Na seryoso ako sa'yo?"

Ashi's breath caught in her throat. "Mavis, ano bang nangyayari? What was all of that for?"

Mavis laughed, cold and heartless. "I was just playing the game, Ashi. It's what I do. You thought I actually liked you?" She let out a mocking laugh, eyeing the woman from head to toe. "Fuck, you're so naive." He dismissively added.

The words hit Ashi like a physical blow. The warmth of the previous night's kiss disappeared, replaced with a deep, gnawing pain.

Her chest tightened as realization dawned on her. Mavis had never been genuine. It had all been a game, and Ashi had been foolish enough to fall for it.

"You— you were playing me?" Ashi asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Mavis stepped closer, towering over her with that same mocking grin. "Of course I was. I had you wrapped around my finger. I made you trust me, and then—well, you know the rest."

Tears stung Ashi's eyes, but she blinked them back, refusing to let Mavis see her break down.

Instead, she straightened her back, trying to hold on to whatever pride she had left.