Just An Idea

Leo, Donnie, Raph, and Mikey glance back and forth from one another. Mii-wa dusted herself off and headed inside, glancing around to observe it. She made her way to Splinter. She didn’t freak out or anything.

Splinter looked at her up and down with his amber eyes before moving aside for her to enter the dojo, and maybe his room.

Naomi and I each smirked and went into the kitchen. The Turtles followed. Raph came later with Spike.

“Why did you bring your Sensei here?” Leo asked.

“Well our lair isn’t all that swell.” Naomi answered half-serious.

We all sorta nod and mutter in agreement. Mikey was looking a little confused so he turned and walked off to find something to eat. I should’ve saved some pizza. But April wasn’t here. Was she getting pizza?

“But Splinter said that Mii-wa was his daughter’s name. Do you think your Sensei is Splinter’s daughter?” Donnie asked.

“Of course.” I said.

“But how?”

“Mii-wa was saved in a fire nearly twenty years ago. She moved here with her family about eighteen years ago. Then we turned this way about fifteen years ago.”

“How long have you thought about this?” Donnie questioned again.

“Ever since Splinter told Raph his story about the Shredder insulting him.” I answered.

Everyone looked at Raph.

“What? This is when you guys sent me home when that guy with the tape recorded us.” Raph quickly said.

“It wasn’t a tape. It was a phone.” Donnie pointed out.

Leo ignored Donnie’s comment, “They were here when we weren’t? What if they were spies for Shredder?”

“Do we look like spies?” Naomi growled. “Our Sensei might be Splinter’s daughter. Shredder nearly killed her so I imagine she wouldn’t want to be on his side.”

We all looked at Naomi with a surprised expression. Leo looked taken back and slightly scared. “Sorry. But, you get my point.”

“Yeah. I didn’t exactly trust you four the first time I laid my eyes on you.” Naomi grumbled.

“You were the one with the smoke bomb on that roof, huh?” Mikey asked from behind Donnie, making Donnie jump a little.

“Yep.” I smiled. “Naomi wasn’t really all there back then.”

Naomi glared at me. “I was too!” I took a step back, scared that she might try something. She ignored me and then spoke, “I met Spike then, too.”

Mikey jumped on the table, nudging Raph a little. “He spoke to him before our first battle with the Kraang.”

Raph gently put Spike on the table and then lunged at Mikey. Mikey ran off with Raph chasing after him. “Come here!”

We all watched Raph and Mikey for a few seconds, Spike looking around bored-like. Leo got a leaf and gave it to him, knowing that was what the turtle wanted. The turtle took a bite.

“Where’d Naomi go?” Donnie asked.

I looked around. “She’s always doing this!”

“Are you sure she’s not a spy?” Donnie wondered.

That caught me off guard.