Fair and Square

The next night, April was bringing more pizza in. We all were on that pizza like ravenous wolves. Soon, at least a dozen boxes were empty and April still went to get more.

My talk with Donnie had been short, but it gave me a little idea what I was going to do to let Mikey like me. But, with him and his thoughts, you never know what was going on. A little like Naomi, but Naomi was smarter.

When April brought the next wave of pizza, everyone ate more slowly, except Mikey. He ate two more boxes before he stopped and asked everyone if he can skateboard over them.

“How would you skateboard over us?” Leo asked, trying to finish another slice.

“I got this ramp and I launch over you guys!” Mikey said. “Please?”

Everyone looked at each other. Naomi raised her hands. “Don’t expect me to trust a skateboard flying over my head.”

“Please, Mikito?” he turned to me.

“Sure.” I said.

“Yes. Donnie, Leo, Raph, you in?” Mikey asked his brothers.

Donnie shrugged. “Sure.”

“Why not?” Leo answered.

Raph sighed, “Might as well.”

Mikey got out the ramp and then positioned Donnie and Leo first. They were both standing and on either side of the ramp so Mikey cold cruise right through the middle. Climbing the ramp, Mikey judged his distance and rolled down.

“Now Raph, Leo, and Donnie. Raph you lay down right in the middle.” Mikey ordered.

Raph came up and crouched down between Leo and Donnie. Again, Mike climbed the ramp and cruised down. This time, he clipped Donnie while passing him.

“Mikey!” Donnie cried, holding his arm. “That hurt!”

“Sorry, Donnie. Now all of you lay down like Raph’s doing. Mikito, you’re going to come in after I get this down.” Mikey said.

“Okay.” I muttered.

Naomi looked at me and shook her head. She turned her attention back to the three on the ground.

As Mikey climbed up, he skated down, clipping Donnie on the shell.

“MIKEY!” Donnie snapped.

“Sorry, sorry! One more time and I’ll have it!” Mikey said, climbing up. “Guys! Guys! Get in your spots!”

“Alright, alright, Mikey!” Raph growled, crouching back down. “But this is the last time!”

“Yeah and don’t clip me this time, either.” Donnie complained.

“I ate too much cheese…” Leo grumbled.

Mikey was on the top of the ramp. “And now the kid goes for the world record! He will attempt to jump three mutant turtles.”

Raph was the most mad of them all. He was sort of looking at me and Naomi when he grumbled, “I can’t believe he talked us into this.” and then he glared at Mikey.

Going down once more, Mikey cried out, “Booyakasha!!!!”

“What is going on?” Splinter asked, coming out fro the dojo. Mii-wa was coming in after him.

“Skateboarding by the looks of it…” Mii-wa observed.

“Sensei!” Leo exclaimed, the three on the ground quickly getting up.

Mikey cried out and I had to look away as I heard crashing.

“How many times have I told you not to skateboard in the lair?” Splinter asked.

Now I look and the four were in a pile. Mike was on top with his back to everyone. Donnie was directly under Mikey and Leo and Raph were correspondent to one another.

“None, Sensei.” Mikey said.

“I shouldn’t have to tell you!” Splinter snapped.

They all got up.

“You’re right Sensei.” Leo said. “We definitely should’ve known better. And we deserve to be punished. Eh, some…”

Splinter stroked his beard, coming closer to Leo, “And what do you think should be a fitting punishment?”

Naomi smirked and whispered, “Grounded for a week.”

“Are you reading Splinter’s mind?” I whispered back.

“I don’t read minds!” Naomi growled.

Leo looked at the other three and at me and Naomi. Turning back to Splinter he said, “Well, we should clean up our mess?”

Splinter crossed his arms.

“And then think about what we did.”

“Yeah.” “Sounds about right.” “We were wrong.” “No worries.” the three combined in talking.

“What about being grounded for a week?” Splinter asked, pointing at the ground.

I looked at Naomi and she looked at me. “I’m not a mind reader…” she said, walking off.

Looking back at the four, I hear. “Oh, uh, I’m not sure that’s…” “I’m cool with the thinking.” “I don’t think that’s necessary.” “Maybe next time.”

“You’re grounded for a week!” Splinter finishes.

“Aww…” they all groan.

Then the wooden ramp falls. Naomi comes up beside me. “Stop pointing.”

“I didn’t point!” I countered.

“Suuuuure.”