;; OO8

Even I totally forgot about the 'appointment' Stark and I would have. I understood this was way more important. The thing they were chasing was going to destroy the world; of course, Stark himself created it. Having no idea it would end like this.

It was stupid. But there was nearly no complaints about Iron Man, they couldn't shut him out if they wanted to catch the thing.

I sat on a desk and tested my senses while listening to them. They were not so perfect, but fine. I listened to their heartbeats. On the other side of the room, my ears caught the quiet buzz of a fruit fly. Yes, I declared it working again.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..."

"I thought your father said he got the last of it,"

"I don't follow, what comes out of Wakanda?"

"The strongest metal in the world,"

》 I laughed dryly. "That's great. Congrats guys, you got yourself an indefeatable enemy,"

Stark turned. Really fast. "Yeah, technically he's your enemy too. It's not like you're the only one that would survive,"

I rolled my eyes. "We were talking about the fact that you'll physically confront him. No chance,"

"Oh, you're not coming with us?" Banner turned in surprise. "Guessed you would join us."

My eyes widened. "Oh hell no, I'm not working for Stark. No way,"

Stark stared blankly.

"Nobody works for Stark. We're a team. Only Cap can sometimes give orders,"

I didn't look away from Iron Man's eyes, but I pointed at Steve and moved that finger up and down. "Cap I trust," I said. "But I'm not taking orders from Iron Man."

"Fine, whatever," Bruce shook his head.

》 "Do have one request though," I said, taking a dagger and twirling it through my fingers. "I wanna sharpen these. And I need some more throwing weapons,"

Stark rose his hand. "That were two,"

》 We were flying again. I was still amazed with it. They called it a 'quinjet', the jet. The thing was unbelievably fast, I noticed. We were about to land in South-Africa, Wakanda, and I was sure the flight would've taken at least six hours or so.

"We're here," Cap stated. Stark put the jet down softly.

"Okay, guys. So Stark, Thor and I go confront Ultron. Barton, Widow, Echo, you'll come to help if they attack. If you're attacked, fight back, of course. Banner, stay here. You're backup," Steve grabbed his shield. Stark got in a suit and Thor threw his hammer up to catch it again.

We nodded. My blades already dangled from my fingers. Cap, Thor and Stark quickly left and we went after them, silently.

We got in through a back door. Romanoff's gaze sped around and then turned to me. "If you'd get up there. Clint, you find yourself a high place, I'll take that hallway over there," I nodded and left.

》 If I jumped, I could just reach the metal edge of the place I had been directed to. So I did, pulling myself up and getting against the wall, on one knee. I extended my senses to hear everything around me.

There was a band around my waist that carried up to eight throwing knives. I had my daggers in my hands, and a loaded gun in my pocket, just to be sure. Nearly enough weapons.

I heard that they fought. Good. But I heard something else, too.

"Shoot them!"

"Who?!"