;; O15

I blinked my eyes open in the dimly illuminated room. I was lying on my stomach, feeling seriously dizzy and constantly hearing a soft buzz. I thought it was in my ears; turned out to be a machine.

My head turned slowly. There was flowers on a table next to a machine I laid under. Cho's machine it was, and I noticed that the three wounds in my legs had nearly recovered. I groaned and turned back, lying my forehead down on the table.

I wasn't in pain. Or I didn't feel much, at least. My legs felt numb, and I was scared that I'd be paralysed. But I wasn't, I saw, moving my toes with ease. One less thing to worry about. I was worried about my wings. I didn't think I'd be able to use those again. Plus-

Ugh, I was getting a headache of all the thoughts. I just left them where they were, turned my head and tried to fall asleep.

》 Just before I dozed off, the door opened. I didn't waste energy on moving or listening, and just waited until their face showed up. It didn't though.

I recognised Steve's hands that grabbed the flowers and put new ones in the vase. I snorted, letting him know I was awake.

"Save the flowers for my grave, Cap. I'm not dead yet,"

He flinched, but relaxed quickly. "You're awake," he said, lowering his face to mine.

"Yeah, I'm awake. And I'm, still me, so you should wake up too,"

He smiled. "So. Flowers are for the dead?"

"Flowers are for the dead,"

"What about people you love? You wouldn't give them flowers?"

I laughed dryly. "Got something to tell me, Captain?"

He laughed with me. "No," Seeing as he was terrible at lying, I knew he wasn't. Thank god.

》 He got to his knees, getting more comfortable. "How do you feel?"

"Well, I'm fine. This thing is doing its work," I replied simply.

"Yeah, luckily it does. And it could've been worse. If it wasn't for your wings, you'd be dead," Cap nodded.

My face went serious. "They haven't recovered, have they?"

He shook his head. "No, they couldn't fix them up. There was more hole than feathers or flesh left,"

I bowed my head. That was a bummer. It would be thinking twice before I randomly jumped down a building or abyss again.

》 "Hey, she's alive,"

I groaned, putting my forehead against the metal again. I didn't want to face Stark. But eventually I would.

"Yeah, she is alive. You, on the other hand, don't look a lot like that," I spoke, looking up at an overly tired him.

"Well, I was up all night, fixing JARVIS up and paying bills from Sokovia," he threw back, waving the empty mug in his hand. "Coffee?"

I shook my head. Cap nodded though. He rose to his feet. "I'll get someone to have a look," he said, leaving the room after Iron Man.

I blinked and left my eyes closed this time, waiting for the sleep to come. And it did, faster than I expected. I dozed off into the deepest of sleeps I'd had in my life.

》 I woke up to footsteps. As my eyes opened, I smiled groggily. I was back to my usual sharpness. Before the door opened, I already sat up, pushing the thin blanket off my legs.

A face appeared between the wall and the door when it opened. It was Speedy Maximoff, stepping into the room when he saw I was awake.

"Yeah," I grinned. "I never talked to you before."