Angela- Chapter seven

My happiness lasts no more than the weekend before it wears off.  It's like a medicine, the best kind of supplement.  It can't last forever.  In school I long to catch a glimpse of George, peering round every corner trying to spot his beautiful face gazing down on mine.  His vivid green eyes locking on mine, sealing us together in a bubble of love that no one can break through.  But all my eyes lock on is Elise's malevolent glare, she still wants me to die. She draws a line across her neck with her finger then turns to Bianca and starts chatting about some Friends series on television to her that I'll never be able to watch without a TV, I'd always came over after school and watch Bianca's with her.  But that's not going to happen, Elise will be the one watching Bianca's TV. 
"Hey Bianca!" Elise's voice cuts through the air like a knife.  "Can I talk to Angela for just a sec!" I am straggling along behind them when I see Elise beckoning to me, a fake smile plastered on her face for the sake of Bianca's audience.  When Bianca is out of sight, though, she strikes again.
"Yesterday you weren't in lessons," she sneered, her false smile growing colder and colder by the minute,
"So what?" I retort, surprising myself with my strong voice.  I want Elise to jump back at my courage, to start respecting me.  I want her to call a truce, but that sneering smile is back again. 
"Mrs Ridnea wanted to know why," I can tell what's coming.  Elise has told Mrs Ridnea I'm bunking off- and soon I'll find myself in detention.  Great. 
"So you s-snitched," I say, trying to imitate her sneering tone, but failing miserably. 
"No, fortunately for you I think we can both work a deal here, don't you?" She sneers again, her voice morphing into the low, dangerous tone that so frightens me.
Of course I do. 
"Uh, no, sorry.  I d-don't know." I stutter, all bravery drained from my voice.  I don't want to bring it upon myself, that would make everything even worse.
"Oh I think you do, Angela.  You see, I told you to kill yourself.  And I could tell Mrs Ridnea that you did a bunk.  So here's the deal- you don't tell Bianca about what I said to you, and I don't tell Mrs Ridnea that you bunked.  Deal?"

  I don't know, it's all happened so fast.  One minute Elise is acting all nice and lovey dovey to me, next minute she's blackmailing me.  Elise must be noticing my uncertainty because she adds,
"Oh, and there will be other consequences if you tell, too," she says, dragging her finger across her neck again. 

That's when I catch it.
The thing I've been looking for.
The boy I've been looking for. 
George.

I scramble away from Elise, tripping over my own feet as I go, hearing her cold laughter echoing behind me but I ignore it.  I run as fast as my legs will carry me, shrieking his name, he turns around and his eyes lock on mine for a split second.  And in that one split second I feel as though everything is alright, that Elise has not just blackmailed me, that Bianca is still my best friend and any second now she'll come running round the corner of the sports shed behind George and ask if I want to come round her house tonight.  That she'll say that she heard what Elise has been saying to me and that we were going to sort her out together, once and for all. 
But that
Of course
Is
Impossible.

****
Hi, I'm not doing anymore author notes because I'm sure that they're incredibly boring for you to read but I just wanted to ask what you think of George and how mean Elise is.  She's horrid although she isn't really going to kill Angela, I'll just make that clear to you.  But she does something almost as bad-find out in the next chapter!!!