Dates, Friendship and Admittance

Emily's POV

I pull on some skinny jeans and combat boots, getting ready for a date. Then I throw on a black and white tank and a black leather jacket. I finish the look by curling my hair.

Now it's time to pick up Alison.

I go up to her door and knock.

When it opens CeCe is standing there smiling. "Come in. Alison will be down in a minute."

I sit on the couch and look through my phone for a bit.

"Emily."

I turn my whole body and see her descending the staircase just like in a movie. She looks gorgeous.

She's wearing a lacy white crop top and a matching skirt Thant ends at her knees and is tight, showcasing her curves beautifully.

Her hair is up in a messy topknot with a few wisps hanging down on the nape of her neck.

I stand quickly and give my signature smirk. "Hey."

"Hi." She smiles a bit, completely oblivious to how beautiful she is. "Where are you taking me?"

"To see a movie... Great Expectations."

She gasps and smiles. "Really?! I've never seen the movie! I can't wait!"

I laugh as we drive to the theater.

-

At dinner Ali has a weird look on her face.

"Are you okay?" I ask gently.

"That movie..."

"Yeah?"

"Sucked!"

I laugh. "What?"

*Spoilers for both the movie and book, Great Expectations ahead*

"First off, why the hell was it set in the freakin 90s?! It's supposed to be in England in the 1800s!" She's angry. "And why the hell is PIP called FINNEGAN? And Miss. Havisham is called Nora?"

"I don't-"

"And in the book Estella is Miss. Havisham's adopted daughter. In the movie she's Nora's niece?!! Oh and in the book Miss. Havisham gets caught on fire and dies from the injuries! In the movie Nora dies with 'Finn' in Paris! What the hell is that movie?! That is not Great Expectations!"

I laugh. "You're so cute."

She huffs. "Seriously though. If nothing else, can't they at least get the character's name right? Or have it set in the right century and country?"

I shrug.

"I always like the books better anyways."

"I thought the movie was pretty good." I shrug again.

She shakes her head. "You're just hopeless, Emily. Are you almost done with reading Great Expectations?"

I laugh. "Yeah right. I've read about one page since our read together."

Alison rolls her eyes playfully. "I have one chapter left."

I gasp. "You are a psycho about that book."

After dinner we go to the hill across from the restaurant. It's dark out and the stars are shining.

I put my jacket down and gesture for her to lay on her back which she does. I lay next to her.

The blonde puts her head in the crook of my neck and grabs my hands.

"I heard that you're usually only after one thing... Why did you ask me out?" She says softly. "It's not just... It's not just to get into my pants, right?"