Chapter 10

LUCYS POV

It's been a week since I got back from Australia. And I haven't stopped thinking about Luke. In some kind of weird way, I just couldn't.

We've been texting back and forth and even Skyped two times, which wasn't as awkward as I expected it to be.

We just get along very well, it's so weird. I like it, a lot.

Our special goodbye at the airport was all over Twitter, though I didn't get as much threats this time. Luke probably had something to do with that, which made me appreciate him even more.

I have to go back to school today. It's August 24th. My last year in high school. This is gonna be interesting. I never really had something against it since 2 years. I had a group of amazing friends, and my grades were pretty good. Last time I was bullied was at my old school, 2 years ago. I switched schools because of it. This new school is different, more accepting.

I apply some make up as I get a text from Luke.

Luke:
Morning beautiful, have a great first day at school! We've been rehearsing today since we go back on tour again soon! You should save the 10th of September though ;) x

September 10? What's so special about September 10?

Lucy:
September 10?

Luke:
That's our rowyso date for nyc :-)

Oh my god, that's in like 2 weeks!

Lucy:
Well I guess I'll see you soon again :) x

Luke:
I guess I'll see you soon again.

As I put my phone in my bag, I walk downstairs.

"Morning dad." I say with a smile.

He just nods and continues reading the New York Times.

"Lucy do you need a ride? I can drop you off at school since I need to be at Uni today." Anna yells from upstairs.

She's studying law at NYU. Ew law.

"Yes please!" I yell back.

I walk to the kitchen and pour some cereal in a bowl. As I grab the milk out of the refrigerator, I look through the enormous windows.

We have a penthouse at the highest floor. We look out over central park. It really is something.

After I finish my breakfast, I give my dad a quick peck on his cheek as I say "bye dad, off to school!" and follow Anna into the elevator.

After 20 minutes I walk through the front doors of my school.

I immediately see Elena standing at our lockers. Elena and I have been best friends since kindergarten.

"LUUUUUUUC!!" she yells as she sees me. She runs up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"ELLIE" I yell as I hug her back, while getting some of her blonde hair in my mouth.

"Keep your hair on your head Ells." I laugh as I push her off.

"Aah I missed you so so much!! We just got back from Africa yesterday!" she tells me with the biggest smile on her face.

Elena her parents are doctors, so almost every summer they go away to a country where they are needed. They usually stay there for like two whole months, which sucks for me, because I usually practically wait for her to come back.

"Yeah you texted me! You need to tell me all about it!" I smile.

She gives me the 'are-you-crazy-look' as she says: