Chapter 11

Lukes POV

I get butterflies as I see Lucy's tweet.

@lucywaters: I hope to see you soon again.

She's so amazing. I honestly haven't stopped thinking about her. I can't wait to see her again.

We're going back on tour next week, August 31st, but the 10th will still be a week away from then.

Ugh I don't want to wait.

And if I see her at my concert, we still won't be able to go on a date or something, we won't have some time alone.

Then it hits me.

We will be having one day off the day before the concert in Boston. Maybe I can somehow surprise her if I can get to New York that day?! I have to ask management about that.

"Luke, dude, where are you with your thoughts?" Michael says while he pokes my cheek.

"Huh what?" I say while I turn to him.

"We need you to play the chorus of Beside You, you know as we're in middle of rehearsals?" Ashton shouts.

"Yeah." Calum adds. "So stop being all gross on Twitter with Lucy and grab your fucking guitar."

I laugh as I put my phone away and I grab my guitar.

After rehearsals, when we're back at my place, I walk to Calum, who's playing some FIFA.

"Cal do you think I can use the day off we have in Boston, to go surprise Lucy in New York?" I ask him.

"I don't know dude, you really like her, don't you?" he says while he pauses his game.

"Yeah I do Cal, and I really want to see her so I thought why not surprise her?"

"That actually sounds nice Lukey, since when did you become so romantic huh?" Calum teases.

"Lucy makes me romantic." I reply.

"Ew shut up I don't want to hear it!" Calum laughs.

"I'll just call management tomorrow to check if they're okay with it."

"Yeah you should do that mate. Now let's grab a beer, it's 9am already, haven't have one all day." Calum says while he walks to the kitchen.

--
It's 1am when the all the boys left my house.

I check my phone, it must be morning in New York now. Should I call her?

I open the FaceTime app and click on her name. It only has to ring two times before she answers.

"Good morning sunshine!" I say while a smile appears on my face, immediately after I see her beautiful face.

She blushes. "Good morning Lukey, isn't it like passed midnight for you?"

I nod. "Yeah, we rehearsed a bit and after we just hung out with some beer and some fifa."

"Typical boys." she chuckles as she shakes her head.

As she accidentally turns her camera, I see a poster hanging on her wall.

"Nice poster you have got there by the way Lucy." I laugh. "Should I be scared? Am I talking with a hardcore stalker fan?"

Her cheeks turn from pink to tomato red.

"Oh my god this is so embarrassing..." she nervously says. "I hung that up before we met, you know I was big fan of you guys!"

"I think it's cute, it's nice to now that you wake up to my face. You can put some tape on my other band mates faces though!" I chuckle.

"I'd rather wake up to your real face." she says while she looks into the camera.

With that I freeze for a moment.

She blushes and looks back down, to her feet I think.

"I'd love to wake up to your real face too." I whisper.

She gives me that cute smile she always gives me when she is some kind of shy.

"Anyways, how have you been? Ready to go on tour again?" she says, trying to continue our conversation.

"I'm so ready, I can't wait to go to the states again! And I can't wait to see you again." I say while I feel my cheeks getting red.

"Yes, I can't wait either Luke!" she says as she gives me a smile. "It's only 2 weeks away!"

Only if she knew what I was planning.

"What are you grinning about?" she says while she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh no nothing Luc, nothing!"

"Nu-uh tell me mister Hemmings!" she whines while she pouts her lip.

"I won't say a thing!" I say as I stick my tongue out to her.

"You're lucky that I have to hang up now, since I have school to attend, unlike some people here." she teases.

I laugh. "Ha Luc have a nice day at school! I think I'm gonna have a long ass sleep!" I tease back.

She just chuckles as I see that she's grabbing her bag.

"Okay Luke, I hope to see you soon again."

"I hope to see you soon again."

And with that we hang up.