Part 5: the studio

Didn't think I'd still be writing this. Let me know if you want more.

Matt sighed after an hour or so of reading through various social media posts, now remembering Dom was present.
"What do you want to do?" Matt asked in a quiet tone, running his skinny fingers through his currently black hair, cut shorter than usual. He'd grown it out before drones was released yet then cut it all, shaved and dyed it again. Dom shrugged, being the guest he wasn't too sure.
"Well.... Why don't we go jam for a bit before we call it a night?" Matt offered. Dom nodded and got up, pulling his drum sticks from his bag and following Matt to their music studio.  Dom sat behind one of the kits and adjusted the seat and kick pedal. Matt meanwhile , took his own red sparkly Gibson from the wall and put the strap over his shoulder and plugging it in.
"What do you want to play ?" Dom asked yet was answered with the opening to Handler. They played through the majority of Drones and some of second law. Matt unplugged his guitar and sat at the piano , hitting some low broken  chords.  Dom rested his sticks on the snare and watched intently , envious of his skills as he performed intricate scales over multiple octaves.
The rhythm eventually erupted. It took Dom a few seconds to recognise screenager , Matt then joining with the gentle lyrics to the eery sounding piece. Dom's eyes trained over Matt, watching his lips move to shape the words, his body shift occasionally and eyes closed as he clearly lost himself. Dom didn't bother joining in, just watched. Appreciating everything about the pianist.
After a while Matt had had enough and put the guitar on the wall and closing the piano lid. Dom got up and stretched upwards. Matt paused as he caught a glimpse of Dom's stomach then busied his sights elsewhere. Dom walked over to him and handed him his guitar plectrum which Matt put in his pocket before going upstairs, Dom followed once again feeling like a lost duckling , unsure where he was going.
Matt signalled to a spare room and Dom went into it while Matt went into his. Dom got changed into some loose gym trousers and a fitted white shirt. Matt walked in after half an hour and sat cross legged opposite him on the bed in some shorts and a old alien themed shirt. 'Matt and his aliens...'Dom thought with a chuckle and smiled as he sat down.
"You alright?" Dom asked and Matt nodded.
"Yeah yeah.... You?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck, all this seemed a bit awkward. He'd hoped to have invited Dom over and gotten closer to him. The plan was to eventually tell him how he truly felt.
"I'm fantastic. You're brilliant company. " Dom answered and was certain he caught Matts once pale cheeks tan red for a few seconds.
"cheers.... You are too." Matt answered casually before continuing "you uh... Ever thought about ... Never mind. "
"Thought about what ?" Dom questioned.
"The idea of us being gay?" Matt asked, raising an eyebrow to a perfect arch.
"To be honest... Yeah. " Dom answered quietly. The conversation moved slow and awkwardly , the silences between each person talking was painful.
"Same... Are you gay?" Matt confirmed.  "You seem it, no offence..... Me and Chris assumed so but never straight out asked..."
"Yeah... I guess I am. Chris is definitely straight. You are too I take it. With kids and all." Dom sighed, the pain of the thought of not having the one he wanted seeming to crush his heart.
"Well in not entirely sure. I think I may be bisexual." Matt admitted with a shrug. Dom had to stifle a cry of joy and hope as he looked up, not realising how hopeful his eyes were. Matt took a low inhale. Could Dom like him? Could Dom like him?! He couldn't be sure, surely not. But there was a chance. Maybe.... Back there in the studio he watched him for a whole song in silence. Dom never does that.
"Matt.. I ...." Dom begun but was silenced again as Matts hand took hold of the side of his neck, pulling him in and pressing his lips to his. Dom's eyes widened then slowly closed and the wonderful sensation , pushing into the kiss willingly. Dom tilted his head, he didn't dare pull back, Matts powerful mouth not stilling , constantly moving and wanting him to be closer. He eventually pulled back and let his fingers fall from Dom's neck, a sharp , laugh like exhale escaping him. Dom grinned and watched his eyes then lips , then eyes again, stomach leaping and churning with excitement.