Part 6: confessions

The two remained silent for a while before the light haired man leant up and scratched his jaw. Matt moving silently and got up.
"I should go to bed...." He muttered and walked out, holding in a grin. 'Matt stay, please..." Dom thought yet the pale form had already gone, the door clicking shut. Matt closed his own bedroom door behind him and smiled broadly, laughing quietly. Dom lay back and sighed heavily before closing his eyes and rolling onto his side. He'd finally done it. He had kissed Matt. It was better than he'd ever imagined.
Matt didn't sleep much, too busy thinking about Dom and what had happened.

In the morning, there was a heavy knock at the door. Dom heard Matts clumsy footsteps echoing down the corridor as he went to answer it. About an hour later, once he'd showered and changed, Dom came downstairs to see a few large boxes by the door , all clearly new equipment, mainly amps and cables. Matt hadn't yet appeared yet Dom could hear him in the kitchen humming and singing to himself.
"Everything about you is how I'd wanna be. Your freedom comes naturally... Everything about you resinates happiness, now I won't settle for less. " his voice was as angelic and pure as ever if not a little sleepy , he wore black skinny jeans and a grey hoodie, sleeves rolled up and hair scruffy. Dom walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, glancing at Matt who was sat at his laptop at the dining table. Dom fixed some pasta for his breakfast and sat opposite him.
Matt looked up at him then down.
"Morning. " he greeted, Dom muttered a reply back between mouthfuls of pasta. Matt was currently reading through reviews on their tour, Dom's eyes would flicker from his meal to Matt and then away again. Dom coughed and brushed his hair from his face.
"Do.... Uh. Did last night ... Mean anything to you?" Dom asked as he finished his breakfast.
"Yeah. It meant a lot to me. Sorry if you don't like me in that way. " Matthew apologised.
"No no. I ... Do. I've liked you as more than a friend for a while now. Just didn't know how to tell you. " Dom admitted as Matt closed his laptop.
"Good. I have too. Thought I'd scare you off if I told you though. " he admitted. Dom then shook his head in disbelief.
"Why the hell would that scare me away? Matt, we've been best friends since we were kids..." Dom defended.