Chapter Twenty Four ~ Train of Thoughts

They finally found Seth and Randy.

After two days, Seth and Randy were found and were put in the back of a police car. I couldn't tell you how happy I was when I found out those two bastards were going to prison for what they've done to me. Seth, obviously is going to have a longer jail time than Randy, but since Randy had helped Seth with everything, he's going to be serving time in prison for a while as well.

I feel like I'm going to be okay now. I feel like I'm going to finally be safe. I feel like I will never have to see Seth or Randy again. I just want to put my bad past behind me and focus on the present and the future. I have a baby on the way, and although it isn't Roman's child, Roman is happy to play the role as father, and I'm glad about that.

Everything Roman has done for me, he's sacrificed so much to be with me. I've hurt him in many ways, yet here he is. He's still here.

He's still here with me.

I can't explain how good it feels to be in his strong arms. In his embrace.

I'm in love with him.

"Is there anything you want to do today, baby?" He asks me with a playful smirk, his voice sounding deep.

"I want to sleep and eat all day."

I feel his chest vibrate as he chuckles, and it's one of the million things that I love about him.

"God, Mia. I love you so much." He says, looking down into my eyes.

I smile at him and kiss his cheek. "I love you, too, Roman."

My stomach has gotten bigger, and I can feel the baby kicking. A future wrestler, just like mommy and daddy.

My thoughts suddenly stop at Seth, and what I experienced in that basement. Front the point where I was raped again a and again by Seth, to being beaten, to never getting fresh air and sunlight, to never see the outside world for months.

Being trapped in that basement felt like years. When I was down there, the seconds felt like minutes. Minutes felt like hours. Hours felt like days. Days felt like months. Months felt like years. I had been miserable. I had been convinced that I would never see Roman ever again. I was convinced that I would be Seth's slave for the rest of my life. I was convinced that there was nothing left for me. I had been ready to die. I had been ready to die even when I found out that I was going to have a child. I remember asking myself everyday, "What would life be like for my child?"

I didn't realize that I had been crying until Roman shook me out of my thoughts and wiped tears from my eyes.

"Mia, are you okay?!" He asks me, obviously shocked at what had happened.

"I-I'm fine."

"Mia, you scared the hell out of me! Here, I'll run you a bath and make you some hot tea or something. Just stay here and wipe your tears, babe. I'll be right back."

I responded with only a slight nod and wiped my tears with a tissue.

I can't help it. I want to get away from the past, but I just can't.

And I don't think I ever will be able to remove the past from my thoughts.
___________________________
I know it's a short chapter, and I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that I haven't updated in forever. You have no idea how bad I feel. I have my reasons, but I really don't want to talk about them... Just know that I love you all.

Merry Christmas to every single one of you. Thank you for being amazing ❤️