Chapter Fifteen - Can't Take It Anymore

There he was. Sitting in the chair.

My vision was still blurry but I knew that man with the long black hair and the muscular arms. I knew that guy with the tattoo all on his arm. It was Roman.

When I first saw him, my heart skipped a few beats.

How did he find me?

How did he know I was here?

All these questions swirled around in my head, which caued my head to start pounding.

But there he was, staring right at me. His eyes were red, like he had been crying. Had he?

"Mia, how did this happen?" He asked. I only shook my head.

"Stop. I'm really worried about you."

"How did you find me?"

"Seth. I knew it, Mia." He said, standing up from the chair that he had just been sitting in. "I knew that this was going to happen. You were here with Seth the whole time but you told me you were in a hotel. Why did you lie to me, Mia? Why?" At this point, I began crying as he continued. "Now you see how I feel, Mia! You're messing around with another guy and you lied to me!"

"Roman, I'm sorry." I cried.

"Sorry? Is that really all you can say? Sorry isn't helping, Mia."

"I can't....R-Roman."

"What, Mia?! Whay do you want from me? Is that all you want to do is make me wait here for nothing? Say something useful, goddammit!"

Say something useful.

The words echoed in my head over and over again.

"Roman, it-it's too...much." My head started pounding harder and my vision was blurring again. My heart felt like it could rip out of my stomach at any second, but I wasn't ready for it. All I could remember was Roman's face turn from anger to concern as he rushes over to me. "Mia? Mia, are you okay? Doctor!" Was all I could hear before everything went black.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The light.

I remebered the light that sprung to life in Roman's eyes when I said I would become his girlfriend.

I remember the light.

I smiled, thinking about that beautiful light in his eyes.

It was something I wouldn't ever forget.

But I now realize that I am still stuck in this hospital bed in the hospital. I blink rapidly, trying to get used to the light in my room. It was just adjusted to a dim light. It wasn't bright at all, but it wasn't fully dark either.

I coughed a couple times. Then I took a good look around in the room. No one was here.

Say something useful.

Huh, I guess Roman left for good.

I was too tired to feel anything. No emotion.

I've become weak.

There was a knock on the door and in came AJ and Paige, both with worried faces. They both came here, too? One girl sat on one side of the bed, while the other sat on the other side.

Paige grabbed my hand and held it in both of hers, and AJ did the same.

"We were so worried about you." AJ said.

"Your sister couldn't stop crying. She was so scared, Mia. We both were. We are just glad you're okay now." Paige said.

"Mia, how're you feeling?" AJ asked.

I started to speak, and when I did, I realized that my voice was very raspy.

"I don't....what?"

A tear rolled out of AJ's eye and Paige looked away from me. I could tell she was trying hard not to cry.

"I'm sorry." Paige said.

"Don't be."

"We're gonna, uh...um, come b-back tomorrow." AJ said, getting up. Paige got up with her and they both said their goodbyes, walking out of the room and closed the door a bit.

Through the small crack of the door, I saw AJ put her face in her hands and I heard her start crying. Paige put an arm around her and, together, they walked away.

I was left alone in this room.