Together, no matter what

That night was one of the most restless sleeps Sarah had been given the pleasure of enduring in quite a long time. The last time she recalled being so restless was just after her first night at the castle, feeling alone and rather scared, feeling as if she didn't really fit in, typical stress really. Sarah ran her fingers through her hair for the tenth time in the past five minutes as she lay awake in bed as the sun rose in the sky. It had been hours since she had arrived and everybody else was still fast asleep. Honestly she wasn't sure how to feel about the whole situation, being spared by Voldemort had raised enough questions in her mind without feeling bad for Harry and concerned for those in the hospital beds around her. As if this alone was not bad enough she now had feelings arising for Draco constantly floating around in her mind.

Sarah groaned as she turned over in her bed, grabbing the pillow and putting it over her face as she closed her eyes tightly, wishing to forget about everything. This year had been a shambles, it was all over the place with no direction. Sarah just couldn't wait to go home and pretend that nothing bad had happened. Why did everything have to be so complicated? God knows she didn't ask for all of this to happen to her. It was all too much to take in over such a short period of time and though she had people she knew she could talk to about it she felt more alone than ever. She had made an outcast of herself amongst the few friends she did have in Slytherin house and nobody else was particularly willing to give her much of a chance.

Hearing footsteps approaching her bed Sarah quickly stilled and pretended to be asleep. As much as her own mind was driving her crazy she didn't wish for company, least of all somebody asking a ton of questions as to what had happened. Sarah tensed slightly as she left a hand brush her shoulder before whoever it was sat down in the chair beside her, clearly they had no intention of leaving her be. Sarah half hoped that it was a teacher and that she could just tell them she was tired, but any hope of that had left her when they had touched her so gently. Teachers would not dare to touch a student so intimately, it would be walking on some very dangerous ground. Sarah mentally sighed, that meant it was another student, one who she knew well.

Sarah lifted the pillow with her hand slightly, peeking out to see who it was. Catching a glimpse of green robes a small smile came to her lips. Flicking the pillow from her head she sat up slowly, looking over to who she expected to be Draco. Disappointment immediately showed on her face as she saw who it was. The man sat beside her was dark skinned and certainly did not have the white blonde hair Sarah wished to see.

"What are you doing here Blaise, I'm supposed to be resting." Sarah stated coldly, propping the pillow up behind her so she could sit up and look at him with the disgruntled look that was settling on her face. She partly blamed him for the D.A. which had made him along with the rest of the inquisitorial squad, bar Draco, on her bad list. Besides that she was also put out because it had not been Draco.

"I am here because I wished to make sure you were alright." Blaise started in a slightly surprised tone. "As much as I do not care for your choices, I still care about you. I wished to make sure you were not dead."

"People thought I was dead?" Sarah raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, well most people don't survive a meeting with 'You know who' do they?"

"You already know!?" Sarah knew that word travelled fast, but that fast?

"Dumbledore is back, he has told everybody what happened."

"Oh no..."

Sarah buried her face into the sheets and clutched at them till her knuckles began turning white. As if she was not getting enough trouble from everybody for joining up with Harry in the D.A. now people were going to be questioning her about what happened. It was already such a blur that she couldn't remember every moment in detail, well almost every moment. The moment where she had first set eyes upon Voldemort had been the scariest moment of her life, everything had moved in slow motion for that. Not that Sarah particularly wished to explain to everybody in the school what that utterly terrifying moment had felt like.