Chapter 14: Gifts

Raven's P.O.V

All the bands were sitting or standing in the front lodge before I saw them their gift. I got Tyler the tea he really liked, Michael new mic cord because he ripped his, Ty a new hat, Sky new bass cords, Aj new shoes laces that look painted then Josh a new tie to look more fancy sometime. For Motionless I got Chris more brushes for his eyebrows because they are on flick, I got Ricky a new lip ring, Balz a mug that said "best keyboard and freak you'll ever know", Ghost some more green hair dye, Ryan some new sunglasses. For BVB I got Andy all the Batman movies on dvd, Ashley a hello kitty beanie, Jake and Jinxx new guitar stings that were white, and CC a new headband. For AA I got the guys can holds that said "I don't give a FUCK" but for Denis I got him a can holder that says "I won't give in".

For CTE I got Hayden and Benn boyfriend shirts, I told him they could hide them if they wanted to. I got Brandon a few more notebook to write in. For Brent I got him a cheap necklace but on if was written "Raven's Mama Brent." Then for Andy I got him the t-shirt he was talking about. "Okay and I saved the last for best. I talked to my grandmother by email and I asked for a pic of me with Dave and mom and she sent me this." I said handing a picture frame to Dave. The picture was of my mom in the hospital bed holding me and Dave smiling sitting next to the bed. "Raven you are so awesome." Dave said hugging me before he picked me up and sat me on the counter. "Okay now your girl." He said before I opened my girl to see black cowboy boots. I looked at Dave before screaming thank you. "OMG." I said before putting the boots on. "Do you like them." Dave asked. "I love them." I said jumping down from the counter. I hugged Dave before my phone went off as I looked at it and saw a texted. "What that." Dave asked. "Just a stupid app." I said lieing before walking to the back lounge. I looked at the text as I sat down.

Unknown- You think I did know, pathetic girl, I well find you and hurt you.
Me- Who is this leave me alone.
Unknown- does the name father and grandfather mean anything to you.
Me- Leave me alone.

I stopped texting my grandfather before I shut my phone off. I put my phone in my bag before I laid down. "Knock, knock." Someone said before sitting next to me. I looked over to see Denis. "What's wrong butter cup." Denis said as I smiled a little. "Promise me, you won't tell my dad or the others." I said as he nodded. I showed him the text as he hugged me. "I'm really scared." I whispered as I hugged Denis back. "It's going to be okay, love." Denis said as we pulled away from the hug. "Cowboy boots." I said before I ran outside before everyone screamed at me wondering what I was doing. "Cowboy boots." I said before Brendon walked out of the venue. "What are you doing." He asked me. "Cowboy boots." I said happy. "Dad, Dad, Dad." I said walking on the bus. "Yes Raven." Dave said. "Cowboy boots." I replied before the guys laughed. "Raven, do you want to say no the AA bus tonight." Benn asked as me and Denis looked at one another. "MOVIE NIGHT." We screamed before the guys cover their eyes. "Damn you have lungs." Brent said. "But you love me for it." I said smiling. "I'm going to grab things from my bunk." I added.

Denis's P.O.V

Raven was fooling around as I talked to Dave about her grandfather and told him she was scared but didn't want to tell him. "Thanks man, hey do you think it would be cool if Raven stayed with you tonight, you seem to be a brother figure to her." Dave as AA agreed to take her. Raven came on the bus, saying Dad a lot before Benn said her if she wanted to stay with AA before she looked at me. We screamed movie night. "Damn you have lungs." Brent said. "But you love me for it. I'm going to grab things from my bunk." Raven said before walking to the back lounge. "David, she is totally your kid." Hayden said. "Why do you say that." Dave replied. "Dude, she is like a female Dave." Tyler said. "She has you wrapped around her little finger." Jinxx said. "She has all of us, wrapped around her finger, she knows you without knowing you." Ben said.

"Actually, I just watch interviews." We heard Raven's voice as Brandon laughed. I looked over to see Raven holding a small bag. "That's not creepy." Hayden said. "Not really, it's pretty boring not doing anything." Raven said. "Let's go little Raven." Ben said to her. "Bye Dad, Andy, Tree, Mom and Mama Brent." Raven said before AA and Raven walked to the bus. "Who is mom." James asked. "Mom is Brandon." Raven said. "Why is he mom." Sam asked. "He cares a lot everyone, when I broke my leg, Brandon helped me alot with different things, he like a mom. Plus it's a stupid nickname." Raven replied. "Cool." I replied before Ben make something for us to eat. "Raven what's your favorite song by us." James asked her. "Ummmmm I don't know." Raven said before looking at her ipod.

"The song that's played the most is someone, somewhere." Raven added. "What's played the most after that." Cameron asked. "Of mice and men's the depth." Raven said before Ben handed everyone sandwiches. Raven and I went to the back lounge as we started watching movies, we watched a few Disney movies before Raven layed upside down. "Raven what are you doing." I heard Ben say. "Upside down." She replied before I grabbed her and toke her the front lodge. "Denis." Raven said laughing. I put her down next to Raven before her jacket moved as I got a look of her arms. I smiled as her as she looked at me. "Um I need a nickname for you." Raven said trying not to being up the conversation of her arm. "I know. You are owl." She replied. "Owl?" I asked. "The owl on your chest." Ben replied. "Ohh." I replied feeling somewhat stupid.

"Owl. Owl. Owl." Raven said before she smiled. "Yes, little Raven." I replied before she looked up and smiled. "I hate that nickname." She replied. "What why." Ben said. "Because, sometimes my sister no mom, can called me that." Raven said. "Mom?" Sam said. "I thought you lost your sister and your mom um hurt you." Sam added. "No my mom is my sister and my mom is my grandmother." Raven said confusing everyone.

Raven's P.O.V

"No my mom is my sister and my mom is my grandmother." I said confusing everyone. "My sister is actually my mom and my grandmother I thought was my mom." I added. Denis looked at me confused not knowing my past. "I'll tell you later." I said to him. After a few seconds of no one talking someone ran into the bus. "Guys, Dave and Andy they, they are in the hospital." I looked over to see Benn as I felt the world crash on me before I remember the ride to the hospital and waiting in the waiting room. All the bands were waiting as I was sitting. "What happened." I asked Benn. "They went to go see about some more clothes for you, they got hit by a drunk driver." Benn said as I looked at the clock to see it was 8.

I got up and walked in a line for a few minutes. "Raven are you okay." Hayden asked. "I don't know anymore, my Dad is the only one left of my mom. The only person i have left of a true family." I said before a nurse called Andy's name. The rest of CTE and I walked over to her as she told us, he was fine and could have visitors. "What about David Escamilla, my dad." I asked her before her face went white, I held my breath hoping Dave is okay. "He is surgery right now now there its a 75 percent chance he will not make it." She said before I nodded. "For Andy where's his room." Brent asked. "226." The nurse said before walking away. I looked at the wall before going to Andy's room. No one followed knowing I wasn't in the mood to talk. I got to Andy's room as I saw him sitting on the hospital, looking the wall. He saw me as I walked over to the bed and hugged him.

I broke down crying in my dad's boyfriend's arms before Andy held me what seemed for hours as I cried but it was only a few minutes. I looked at Andy as he held me like a daughter. "It's going to be okay, You are Dave and I's baby girl and nothing it going to happen." He said before I nodded like a helpless child before the bands walked thru the door. Brent stranded next to me as I looked at him. "Mama Brent." I said as he looked at me. "Yes." He replied. I hugged him before he picked me up and put me on his hip. "Family of David Escamilla." A doctor said before Brent put me down. "Can I have the child leave the room." The doctor said. "Why." I questioned. "Because this is not information someone like you needs to hear." The doctor replied. "Raven please just go with Denis to get you something to eat or drink." Chris said before me and Denis left the room and we walked down the hall. "Are you hungry, do you want something to eat." Denis asked. "No thank you." I said sitting down on a chair before looking at the ground. Denis sat next me as we waited. I kept looking at the clock as 30 minutes when by the doctor walked out of the room as I got up and walked into the room to see all the guys looking at me sad. I waited for some news before Brent walked over to me. "Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked me. "Yeah." I replied. 'Please let my dad be okay' I thought before me and Brent walked around outside. "What's wrong with my dad." I asked Brent before he looked at me. "He wouldn't be screaming for a few shows and he got some glass in his arm, and lost a lot of blood, they said we can see in the morning or when he wakes up." Brent said as I nodded