Scarlett's date

My first day at La Push High School was officially over and I was more grateful to Seth than I had been to anyone since Jenna and Sam adopted me. He stayed by my side the entire day, helping me and watching over me. I wouldn't expect this to be an everyday occurrence, I'm sure he blew off a few classes today. So pretty soon I'll have to make it around on my own. But given a little help, I'm sure I'll be able to manage. Seth and I were standing outside of the office building in the drop off/pick up center when I heard a shrill voice coming my way.

"Hi, baby!" Oh no. I felt Jenna's long arms engulf me in a hug. "Hi Jenna." I smiled nervously praying that she didn't embarrass me in front of my first friend. She pulled away from me and I could practically feel her staring down Seth. "And who might this be?" Jenna questioned. in a teasing voice.

Please, Jenna. He's one of the first people I've met who's willing to be friends with me. Please! Don't scare him off. I thought to myself. But Seth only laughed.

"I'm Seth Clearwater." He stated proudly.

"Well." Jenna chuckled. "Hello Seth, I'm Jenna, Scarlett's Mom."

"It's nice to meet you." Seth stated sweetly.

"I was actually wondering if Scarlett would be able to come with me for a burger and a milkshake this weekend if that's alright with you."

Woah. I was not expecting that, but I could feel my face light up with excitement. Jenna laughed.

"From the way that she's grinning, I assume it's alright with her?" Jenna's voice turned to me. I nodded, trying to calm myself.

Play it cool, Scarlett.

"Yep." I smirked.

She laughed again. I doubt she's seen me get excited in a long time.

"I think that will be just fine, Seth. Of course, I'll have to speak to her father Samuel about this but I'm sure it'll be fine."

I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Thank you, Mrs...?" Seth asked.

"O'Connor. But you can call me Jenna."

"Thank you, Jenna."

Seth gently took me by the shoulders and turned me towards him.

"Stay safe, Scarlett." His voice was velvet soft. He brushed a strand of hair from my face.

"At least until I see you again."

"Won't you be here tomorrow?" It was after all only Thursday.

"No" He said, cupping my face in his right hand. I felt my heart shatter into a million tiny, piece. what was I going to do? Would I fall down the stairs or trip over the hallway step? I would be completely lost without him!

"I... I'm going out with my family tomorrow." there was a certain quiver in his voice as if he were unsure of his own statement. "But I'll make sure the guys keep an eye on you. If those guys can't keep you safe, no one will." He chuckled.

"Hey." Seth said in a serious tone, clearly seeing the terror in my face that I was attempting to hide. "I'll make sure you're alright. Okay? Trust me."

And I did. Just like that, a boy I'd met 7 hours ago had my complete trust and my unwavering gratitude. "Thank you." I whispered as I forced my tears to stay in their ducts. He slowly leaned my head forward, and pressed his lips right below my hairline. He then slipped his arms around my waist and enveloped me in a tight, comforting hug. I inhaled his scent. He smelled... natural, like fresh soil. I wanted to live in his arms. He walked me to the car that Jenna had been waiting for me in. I heard the door open and then heard Jenna's voice.