Chpt. 3~ Loyal

Seth's POV

Scarlett. The name fits her well.

"Are you a sophomore too?" Scarlett asked me.

"No, I'm a junior." I answered her still smiling.

"My 'buddy' was suppose to take me to Mr. Thompson's class, but when I turned around he was gone."

A wave of anger flooded through me for the jerk who ditched my little red head.

"Mr. Thompson?" I wondered. "That's a senior class." She's smart I wanted to know more about my soul mate.

"So where are you from?" I asked her.

"New York, My dad Sam got relocated to Seattle and he found the biggest house here in La Push."

The biggest house in La Push? "On Quale street?" I asked very interested in her address.

"Yeah that's the one." She answered with a smile. God, I love her smile. I smiled at her smile.

"Your family must be pretty rich." I said.

"Yeah Sam's company is going very well." She told me in a distant way.

"Well I should probably get to class." She said with a frown.

No. No I wanted more time. I needed more time with her. "Do you have to?" I asked her in a desperate tone.

"Uh... yeah." She chuckled awkwardly "If I don't show up to my first class on my first day Jenna's going to be asking questions."

"Jenna?" Who was Jenna, I wondered to myself.

"My mother put me up for adoption when I lost my sight. Most people didn't want me, they
figured I was too much of a burden and they took me back to the agency a few weeks after I lived with them.

A burden? Why would anyone not want this absolutely beautiful girl.

"Until Jenna?" I asked captured by her story.

"Yeah, Jenna is Sam's wife they've been raising me for a while now." She answered.

"Since Sam owns a million dollar company, he doesn't really want his wife to work so Jenna remains a housewife, which means she has a lot of time to help me out."

Help her out? Help her out with what?

Scarlett pulls out a phone made entirely from glass by the look of it. Woah.

"What is the time?" She speaks into the phone. Why didn't she just check the clock?

"Time: Eight-Forty-Five" spoke the phone.

"Oh my gosh, I really need to get to class, Seth" She said to me in a little bit of a panic.

"Alright." I said not wanting her to worry. "Hey, it's okay. Mr. Thompson's pretty cool. I'm sure he'll understand you're new." I explained. She relaxed a bit.

"Come on, his class is on the 3rd floor, room 116. Follow me." I told her as I got up from the stairs and began to walk back towards the other side of the hallway. When I didn't hear her following me I turned around. She was standing at the top of the steps we just talked on.

"Come on, Scarlett."  She began to walk towards me with a very confused look on her face. In the middle of every hallway in the school are two steps up. When Scarlett tried to increase her pace to catch up with me, she tripped over the first step. She hit the ground. Hard.

"Ow! Ow. Dammit." She cursed under her breath. Tears began to pool in her blue eyes.

"Scarlett!" I yelled as I ran towards her faster then humanly possible. What was going on?

"Are you okay?" I asked in a rush, as I gripped her sides to pull her up.

She began to get angry. "I can't follow you Seth!" She yelled in a sudden rage. "I can't follow because I can't see you, and I can't see you because I'm blind!"

"Blind?" I asked her in shock. It was all beginning to make since. In the time line, her clinging to my arm, looking off into the distance, why she was a "burden" to adopt. Why my body rushed to save her from tumbling down the stairs. I never felt sick. The wolf inside me just needed to keep her safe.

"Yes. I'm blind, Seth." she sighed. "I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore. It's a lonely world out there for us and it's nothing I'm not use to. Just drop me off at the nurse, please. I think I sprained my wrist."

If only this girl knew that I would never leave her alone. I would never abandon her like her mother did. Scarlett would never be a burden to me, because I already loved her.

I put one of my arms under her legs and the other on her back and began to carry her through the hallway, bridal style.

Sorry the chapter so short. will update soon.

Comment. Vote. Like. :) <3

* Enjoying the story? Now there's a way to support and encourage the author as she pursues the publication of her first novel! Your donations  also ensure continuous chapter updates for this story! Any and all donations are greatly appreciated! Thank you! Cash App: $AnnaQueen77 (Link in Bio)*