A Not So Simple Favor

"So... Bella caused the army?"

"Yes and no. Victoria created the army, but Bella was the reason the army was created in the first place."

"Wow."

"Yeah." Seth sighed, rubbing small circles into my hands. "It was the first time we ever fought together, wolves and vampires."

I shifted uncomfortably on the wooden floor. My backside was beginning to get sore. Seth and I had been talking for hours. People lived their entire lives never knowing these kind of creatures existed, and in less than a day I'd learned so much about his world.

"Are you hungry yet? Cause I'm starving." I heard that sweet smile in Seth's voice.

"Yep." I giggled. He rose from his spot on the floor and walked off. Somewhere in the room a drawer opened and then closed moments later. I pulled the bed sheet closer to my body as he circled back. He lifted me from my position on the floor into a bridal position in his arms.

We laughed together at my skittish squeal.

Seth was beautiful. Call it intuition, or the instinct of the bond between us, but I knew for a fact that this man was gorgeous. I wasn't born blind, I'd seen Native American people in my childhood. They were naturally breathtaking. But I just knew, from the feel of his defined muscles and the soft, silk-like texture of his hair, Seth was on an entirely different level of hotness.

"How about grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup?" He carried me in his arms, his grin still audible in his voice.

I grinned back as he walked us through the house before stepping down a stairwell.

"That sounds perfect!" I chuckle "You know, that's actually my favorite food for-"

"A rainy day." We said it in unison.

"Mine too." He breathed against my skin.

I closed my eyes at the warmth as Seth began to lower me. He placed me on soft fabric in a sitting position. I ran my hands along the furniture. It was a barrel chair, covered in smooth velvet.

"Where are we?" I called out to him, hearing his footsteps retreat.

"The kitchen." He called back. I heard the sounds of pots and pans rattling against each other as he shuffled around.

I rubbed my hand along the smooth fabric of my cushioned seat. "This sure is some comfy furniture for the kitchen." I smiled.

"Yeah. Well, we spend a lot of time in here. One thing you should know about wolves, we're always hungry."

I grinned, and then a question came to mind. "Are you the only ones of your kind? You, Embry, Quil, Paul, Gabriel and Jacob?"

"No. There's Jared,"

"Oh, right. The one with the baby."

"Yep, and then there's she who shall not be named" Seth teased.

"Leah." I laughed.

"Mm-hmm, and then there's Sam. He hasn't phased for years. Well, until recently." Seth's tone was different, more serious.

"So... did he... quit the pack or something?"

"No. He'll always be a part of our pack. Sam was our leader. But when he and Emily finally tied the knot, he started hanging back. Phasing less and less."

"Married wolves don't phase?" I grinned.

He chuckled. "It's more like, you don't want to phase."