Chapter Thirty-One: Brothers, Boyfriends & Broken Hearts

||Chapter Thirty-One: Brothers, Boyfriends, & Broken Hearts||

Thea's POV:

"Jase?" My mouth was hanging open in shock as I stared at the person in front of us.

"Thea?" His reaction identical to mine.

Standing in front of me was none other than Jase Mallon. The guy I hadn't seen in years. Last time I saw him, he definitely didn't look this good. Jesus help me.

"How do you two know each other?" Jai crossed his arms, a suspicion and level of hurt swimming around his pale blue eyes.

"He's the Jason you were talking about?" I felt my eyebrows lift when Jai blushed a rosy pink. I definitely felt the smirk that my lips formed when Jase blushed too.

"You talked about me?" Jase directed his hopeful question at Jai who then glared at me.

"Not now Jay. I don't want to speak to or see you." Jai's face transformed into a scowl right at Jase. I watched the interaction between them with great interest as Jase frowned. The hurt and regret on his face was so prominent that I couldn't help but feel empathetic. 

"Jai..." I murmured. I didn't want anybody else getting hurt. I had seen enough of that this week.

"How do you two know each other?" He demanded, ignoring my warning completely. His question made me sigh aloud, why was he being so hostile?

"He's Cameron's brother." I frowned as I said this. We used to be really close actually, until he moved to live with his mother five or six years ago. The thing with Jase and Cameron was that they had different mothers so they looked quite different. Jase had no Mexican in his blood, whereas Cameron did. I didn't know why Jase wanted to go live with his mum but I had guessed that he felt like he didn't belong. As far as I knew, there wasn't much bad blood between him and his brother. 

Though, I knew Cameron didn't get to see Jase often and said on multiple occasions that there were always many things left unsaid. Like why he left in the first place. How he could leave him. 

They were extremely close and it was sad to see them drift apart over his departure.

"Cameron? As in your best friend 'Cameron'? Your boyfriend?" Jai asked incredulously, his eyes wide and confused.

"I knew you two would end up together!" Jase suddenly exclaimed in excitement from in front of us. He was grinning widely, his brown eyes were shining bright and he ran his hand through his charcoal black hair.

When I turned back to Jai who was to my side, I saw something that proved I was right.

Jai liked Jase. 

He had this fond smile on his face as he gazed at Jase's reaction. The love and care in his eyes was something I saw in Cameron's eyes when we were with each other.

"Yes, as in Cameron, my best friend and boyfriend." I rolled my eyes at them both then rose my eyebrows at Jai, which brought a blush from him.

"Wow, how come I never knew he had a brother?" He asked with interest and an expression that proved that he was thinking really hard.

"It was before you started going to the same school as us." I explained then clapped my hands twice, "Anyway, Jase! Come in, we have pizza." I wiggled my eyebrows in Jase's direction and I could practically feel Jai's glare on the back of my head.

"Thea-" 

"Come along." I had cut off Jai and already had a conflicted Jase by the hand, pulling him to Jai's room. "Jai, could you be an amazing host and go grab the bottle of coke I saw in the fridge?" I batted my eyelashes, backing away into Jai's room.