Chapter 4

Ana's POV

I was still partially in shock when the girl, Emily, shrugged down her hoodie and pulled on some pants. I slowly turn and lay down, a million thoughts and possibilities running through my head.

"I think I'm still dreaming." I mumble closing my eyes and placing a hand on my forhead. A few seconds later I feel a pinch on my arm.

"Hey!" I shout bolting up, have expecting it to be just my sister waking me up for school. Our parents still alive and everything normal. But no, its Emily.

"See, your not. And from the ashen pale look you have I assume you don't know about us." She says, taking a seat on my bed. I just stare at her, a little dumbfounded.

"So as you may know, we are wolfs." She says. I just nod.

"You will learn a lot more once class starts but pretty much these five guys got into a hunting accident and got mauled by some wolfs. The bite from the wolfs transformed them and that's pretty much how werewolfs exist." She says. I just nod.

"The shift happens about when your 16." She says and then blushes. "Ooops, sometimes there are special cases where you don't shift, at all." She looks down at the ground for a second than turns around and goes back to packing.

I have no freaking clue what just happened, my world as I know has just been flipped. Still in a bit of a daze I lay down on my bed and put on some music. I click on Keane, it was my dads favorite band and it hold happy memories for me. I close my eyes and let the music take over my mind.

I wake up to Emily shaking my shoulders.

"Its time for dinner." She says. I nod and sit up, yawning. She makes a face and we both laugh.

"Come on." She says. I follow her out the door.

The hallways is crowded with other students going to dinner as well. I scan the many faces for Bella but she is no where in sight. I shake my head and turn my attention towards Emily who I am just now realizing was talking to me.

" -campus is huge! We have a lot of restaurants to choose from actually, which is nice." She says.

"That's neat." I say.

"So my friend and I are having dinner together, wanna come? You will be able to meet some people."

"Sure, that would be awesome." I say shooting her a genuine smile. She smiles back.

"Great. I think you will really like my friends." She continues on but I barley hear her. I am to busy totally staring dumbstruck at the campus. We walked out the back way and on to a stone path that leads past several tall, beautiful buildings. Statues of majestic wolfs and people line the walkways giving us cold, and expectant gazes. As we walk father down the road a few restaurants and boutiques line the pathways.

"Wow, this is amazing. Why is all of this stuff here?" I ask, stopping her mid sentence. She laughs.

"All in good time." She says winking at me.

#!&IZZYS POV&!#

I was unpacking my music equipment when something hit me in the back. I turned to give Jessie a what the fuck look and she motioned for me to take out my headphones. I did so reluctantly seeing as though it was Blink 182.

"Whatever can I help you with Jessie." I said my voice dripping sugar,

"Well it's dinner and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and my friends." She said but it didn't sound like a question. Like she knew I would.

"Yeah I'm coming, though I'm not so sure what how your gunna get off your fat ass." I teased even though she was a stick.

"Like I'm the one with a big ass!" She said walking past me.

"Whatever." I grumbled. We walked out of the dorm building and somehow ended up on a street like place with restaurants and shops lining it. Then we took a turn into the Chinese place. It looked mostly unoccupied but there were a few people at a table in the back. Before i knew it we were standing infront of that table. Jessie's sitting down so i followed suit sitting next to her. She receives a few meetings and jumps right into the conversation as i look at the people that I'm sitting with in the little restaurant. the lights are dim back here but i somehow manage to see surprisingly clear almost like I've cleared the fog from the windows i call my eyes.

"oh yeah Izzy these are my friends." she pointed at one of the girls who had blue hair apparently her name was Reyah but they called her rey. then she turned to one of the boys, his name was Ryan he had mess of curly blonde hair. The next girl was Kayla she was african american and apparently made the best food. The next boy was Carter he had tan skin and black hair that suited him, he was cute. The next girl was Mia she her features were average but somehow she was anything but plain. Then there was Sebastien who was apparently gay as the color Salmon. And the last girl was Angle though she was anything but with her pink hair. And jessie said they were missing Caden.

" and this is izzy" she said pointing at me. Me being the award person that i am i of course waved my hand lamely. They looked at me in curiosity. Under their eyes i felt need even though i was wearing my black jeans arctic monkeys t-shirt and my hoodie. Then finally Sebastian said.

" i like her" looking at me in approval. the rest of them nodded in approval.

"So Izzy are you coming to the bond fire?" Kayla said i looked at jessie in confusion.

" The bond fire is a tradition for all the high school students, Its like an initiation for the freshmen they are blindfolded and dropped off in the middle of the woods and are expected to find the bond fire. If you don't get there in the first hour someone comes to get you and you become a social piranha. But since you came here now you won't have to do it. Basically you don't have to wander through the woods you do however get to get drunk off your ass and who knows what else." she said

" You know my sister told me not to do anything too stupid." they all looked at me like i was a goody goody. " but i mean that could mean a lot of things i mean its not like I'm fucking a priest" i said smirking they all smiled evilly giving me looks of approval