Chapter 6

ANA'S POV

By the time Emily gets back to my room I have cried my eyes out and already started on Ben and Jerrys tub of icecream #2.

"Oh Ana." She says rushing over to me and prying the icecream out of my hands. "What happened." I stare up at her and burst into tears.

"Everything." I moan. She sighs and pulls me into a hug. I sob into her shoulder probably getting snot all over her shirt but at the moment I don't care.

"Tell Auntie Emily all about it." She coos, hugging me tighter. For a brief second my crys turn into giggles but soon I am crying again.

"About a month ago my parents were brutally murdered by someone." She squeezes me tighter. "After my sister and I found out we were heartbroken. We both dealt with out grief differently. She shut everyone completely out and started to dye her hair and do drugs. Right after we got home from the funeral our estranged uncle shows up and signs my sister up for boarding school. Since we are only 2 years apart I couldn't become her legal guardian and there was no way I was letting her go off to boarding school alone so I enrolled with her and like the day after we came here. And apparently werewolfs exist and my sister is one of them?" I break down into a fresh round of tears.

Emily takes my shoulders and pulls back looking at me with fierce blazing eyes.

"I'm not going to say I feel bad for you because that's not how I feel and I know that's not how you feel or want to hear. This grief, I thinks its actually a cover up for anger. You're a strong girl, Ana. Don't let this little hiccup in life dictate it. Sure its very infortunate that your parents died, I get that. But do you really think they would approve of seeing you like this?" She says. I shake my head. In that instant something inside my just shifts. I don't care anymore. Ive always been a control freak. Ive always wanted my way on everything. Now, I just want to relax and handle whatever life throws at me.

Early dawn wakes me up. I take a deep breath and open my eyes. It takes me a minute to wake up but when I don't feels so groggy I grab my phone.

One missed call.

I frown and unlock my phone and click on it. Immidiatly I recognize my uncles voice.

Hey Ana. We need to meet up soon and talk. Does wendsday work? Call me.

I groan and hit the "Call Button". Once I hear a ring I carfully get out of bed and walk out into the hall.

"Hello?" I hear my uncles voice say.

"Hi, its Ana." I say.

"Ah, you got my message." He says.

"Yeah, wensday works. Lunch?" I ask.

"Yes." He says.

"Where are you?" I say.

"Ireland." He says. I frown. Why is my uncle in Ireland?

"Why." I say. Silence.

"Family business." He states. "See you soon." He hangs up. I frown.

"Fucker."

I walk back to my room. By now Emily is up and in the shower, singing really loudly. I stifle a giggle as she hits the really high notes in "Drunk in Love." Shaking my head I head over to my closet and pulls out my uniform and lay it on my bed. Walking over to my desk I pick up my schedule.

A. Math

B. Literature

C. History

D. Science

E. Reading

F. Theology