Chapter 9

I don't think I have heard someone squeal so much in my entire life. Emily has officially gone phsiyco. We are all standing with the rest of the school waiting for the pack to arrive and she has absolutly lost it. Right now she is holding on to my shoulders and jumping up and down.

"What if I find my maaatttteeee?" She yelps before springing completely of the ground and landing on my shoulder.

"What the..." I bark as I start to fall over due to the balance change. My face smacks right into to person in front of me shoulder.

"dAF FuQ?" The jump turning around.

"Sorry." Emily squeals above me. They just shake their head.

"You need to calm down." I grin up at her. She laughs and leans down.

"I cannn''ttt" She says. I just giggle and shake my head. I start to walk towards the gates where people are gathering to watch the pack arrive. Throngs of people stand around whispering and talking to each other with exited looks on their faces. A few minutes later howling in the distance catches everyones attention.

"Their here." Emily says quietly. I frown and look up at her quiet voice just as she falls off my shoulders. Crap, she fainted.

"Crud." I say leaning down quickly. A few other people crowd around giving her a worried look. "Emily." I say nudging her. "I just saw your mate." I say again teasingly. He eyes open wide before sitting up with the speed of a jet. Her head bangs into mine.

"Mate." She screeches rubbing her head.

"Owww." I say standing up and pulling her up with me. The gates open and everyone freezes. A dew seconds later tons of wolf pour in snarling and barking. I feel this powerful tug in my gut like a part of me is running with them. I a mezmerized by their power and strength. So is everyone around me.

The biggest one shifts into a stunning boy with a toned back(thats all I can see) and black hair. A few girls whistle behind me, including Emily.

"Break me of a piece of that man Kit-Kat." Emily mumbles. I barely pay attention to her because I am focused on the Alpha who is gazing the crowd with stone cold eyes. What is he doing?

His eyes stop on someone in the crowd, everyone turns to see who he is looking at, including me. My eyes widen when I realize that it is my sister. The next few seconds happen in slow motion. His eyes lock with my sister and they both mutter Mate. The crowd gasps just as the first gunshot rings out. I can practically feel the bullet miss my face by a centimeter before I hear it bed into flesh a few feet behind me. Everyone starts to scream and push each other frantically.

I frown and spin around. Through the chaos I can see Emily give me a confused look. I wave my hand for her to get out of the way. Fear starts to swim through me as a second gunshot rings out.

"Emily GO!" I shout running towards her. I stop as soon as I see that blood start to seep through her shirt. She gives me once last hazy glance before her eyes shut and she slumps to the ground. I don't know how but I catch her before she can hit the ground.

"Oh my god Emily." I whimper just as the realization starts to hit me. That bullet was meant for my heart.

Izzy's POV

I heard the gunshot and then i heard my sister scream and i knew this was what our uncle was talking about. Someone had made an attempt on our lives today. I shoved through the crowd not caring as i rushed towards my sister. She was on the ground over Emily who looked to have taken the bullet . i bent down and tilted Anas head up.

"You know what this means." she had tears cascading down her face and her shirt was stained with blood. She nodded.

"I think its time to notify the Council about who we are." I said, she shook her head.

" No one can know it only puts us and our friends in more danger."

"Fine but we need to tell our friends, so that they are safer. And lets hope-" i was cut off as doctors came snd took emily and Ana to check on her and moon goddess help us may Emily be okay. I heard a cough from behind me and i turned to see Theo there with his arms open for a hug. I ran into his arms and wrapped my arms around him.

" I need to talk to you and the others tel them to meet at the ice cream place." I felt him nod his head and he was pulling away when i heard a growl from behind is. Theo let go of me immediately and stepped back like i had the black plague. I turned around and was met my the piercing eyes of my mate.

He walked forward then grabbed my arm and dragged me with him. I went with him knowing i was to disorganized to fight him. I had to reject him so he could be safe. He pushed me up against a tree and i started to notice the electric sparks where our skin met. He leaned in to kiss me and i let him. It felt amazing, if i had thought Theo or anyone else was a good kisser i was wrong this was AMAZING! But them i realized what i was doing and pulled away getting away from his touch so it could not cloud my focus.

" I can't do this..." i chuckled "I don't even know your name."

"Im Luke, whats your name my beautiful mate?" he inquired.

" My name is Izzy and I'm leaving." I started walking away but i was pulled back by a had filled with tiny sparks.

" Your not leaving for that other man that was touching you earlier, Because i will not tolerate another male touching my mate." his eyes were firm.

" That was Theo and he is one of my best friends who i need to go talk to right now."

" You can't leave."

"really? i need to talk to them so you have to let me go" i said contemplating using my gifts

"what do you need to talk to them about thats more important than your mate?"

"things you wouldn't understand."

"Try me "

" i have to go explain to them how my sister and i are responsible for that girl getting shot." i said bluntly.

"how did you have anything to do with that? and why have i never seen you before?"

" those both have the same answer I'm different."

" how is that my answer?" he asked

" Im not like you I'm not a werewolf."

"but i can smell your wolf its like the ocean and lavender"

" i never said i couldn't shift, Your remember about 18 years ago how one of the most powerful alphas went missing waling with the eighth sabbat, you ever wonder why? Because the witch got pregnant with my sister, and then me and then without telling us what we were someone went and killed them. So now we have a target on our backs and all those near us, and thats why i need you to stay away, no one else is going down for us." I said looking at his shocked face.

" but the alpha of the Allaway pack died and the sabbat thats what we were all told."

"that was the cover up thats why we didn't die cause no one knew we hadn't already died that's what made sure we weren't killed." a look of realization fell on his face as he realized what all this meant.