Chapter 12

I drag Izzy across the street to the local library. We get a few looks as we scamper across the street. I duck my head slightly , thinking about the Kepi's warning. Quickly I pull open the library door and Izzy follow in behind me.

The library is beautiful, it looks just like the library of an ancient castle with tall ceilings and arched wooden beams. Two flights of stairs lead up to wrap around shelfs. Light streams in from the stain glass windows and illuminates the marble floor. Izzy also is slightly gaping at the architecture.

"Can I help you?" A voice says, breaking my gaze. I turn my head and my mouth drops open.

"Kel-" I start to say but she shakes her head and flicks her eyes. I shut my mouth.

"Yeah, we're um, looking for information about um witches and werwolf's and stuff." Izzy says slowly. I mentally smack her. The kelpi's eyes slide into slits for a second before taking deep breath, her eyes flicking between her and I.

"Witches would be upstairs, werwolf's downstairs." She says after a second. I quickly turn to Izzy.

"Lets split up." I say. "You can cover, um, witches." I say. She nods and turns around heading towards the flight upstairs. After a couple second I feel a hand of nails wrap around my upper arm and yank me back. I hiss and spin around yanking out of her grasp.

"What? I haven't told her anything." I seethe rubbing my arm. She frowns.

"You still need to be carful. If I was anyone else i'd give you 10 minutes top before either the werewolf or the witches are here."

"What?" I say stepping back. She sighs.

"You and your sister have powerful blood. Half Alpha, half Sabbat. The witches will do anything for your blood and the wolfs well they." She trails off before shaking her head.

"Just go look downstairs." She answers.

"Okkkk." I say ducking around her and heading towards the door. I wonder why she didn't answer me.

I head downstairs, shelves and shelves of books stand ceiling tall. I head over towards the W section and gasp. This aisle looks way different than the other. Why? Because in the middle is another flight of stairs down. A small sign read "The Archives" without hesitation I start to walk down the steps.

Its very dark down in here. Only a couple lanterns strategically illuminate the old dusty wood shelves. I crouch down and scan the books and grab "A most recent history of Werewolves". I pull it out and dust spills out behind it.

I flip to a random page and start to read.

Packs

A wolf pack can not exist without an Alpha. A pack without one will crumble and die quickly unless another suitable Alpha takes his place.

My eyes flick up. My dads old pack still obviously exists but I wonder who took his place.

The only ones eligible to the pack are the beta or the alphas offspring. This is true unless the Alpha has a Challenger (See page 50)

So it has to be the Beta or his kid. I keep reading but its just pack leaders duties and what a pack does. All stuff I leaned while in school. I am about the close the book but something at the bottom catches my eye.

Story say that in rare cases if an Alpha aborts the pack and decides to live a separate life than the Beta or his child will take place of the Alpha. In some cases if the old Alpha's eldest child (if they decided to have kids) comes anywhere near the pack than that pack will stop at nothing to capture them.

I drop the book.

Izzy's POV

I walked up the flight of stairs and looked around for a minute. After a bit of searching I found the section on witches and witchcraft. The collection was quite extensive so I randomly chose a book. As I was flipping through the pages I got dragged in and devoured the book quickly. Then I heard the shrill bell on the door ring and I smelled it. Several wolves had just stepped in and by the potent scent I was guessing about 5 just walked in one of them probably beta. Now in retrospect what I'm about to do is stupid but hey if you're never stupid how will you ever learn.

I decided for whatever reason that the best idea was to imagine myself then imagine Ana. And then i opened my eyes unscrewing them from my concentration. Then i realized that i was no longer on the top floor i looked around and realized i was in some sort of basement. Then i saw a baffled looking Ana standing there. Wow go me! not the point. As if suddenly realizing i was there Ana opened her mouth to speak then shut it as if rethinking. then she said.

" we have to leave they're coming for me and they will be here soon we should find a safe place and, maybe go-"

"Ana they're already here." i said cutting of her rant.

her eyes widened and she spoke" then we need to hide and you need to run-" i cut her off again

" Im not the one who needs to run if what you said about them coming for you is true."

" no its not safe i have to protect you."

" Ana if they are coming for you then you should hide with the witches they won't smell you as a wolf so you can just walk out but i think they may have already smelled me and besides i can't go to the witches they will realize who i am and then there really will be no turning back. Ana I'm a big girl now i can protect myself now so go ill deal with the wolves I'm above average and all but they can't science me as an alpha."

"But-"

"But nothing Ana your leaving and your leaving now, so go before I make you." i said sternly.

i could sense her giving in as i walked her up to the main level then telling her to hide i went to go distract the wolves. I walked from behind the bookshelf and took note of how the wolves noticed my scent in the air as i strutted towards the door and right past them. I tried to be as mysterious and inciting as possible to get them out of there and away from Ana. As i walked to the door pushing is open and walking out i heard felt their presences following me as i walked to the safety of the woods. As soon as i reached the cover of the trees and we were completely obscured from the vision of the town and its people. 

As soon as i reached the desired distance i turned on my heel and crossed my arms looking at them . Now looking at them i saw there was one in the front who must be the beta then her was flanked by four of his members.I smirked at him then spoke.

"so boys would you like to tell me what i can help you with?" my tone implying false innocence.

"we can tell you have power you must be our old alphas child, no one else would come here."

i smiled at him as though he were a five year old who spelled then i said" right you are however , may i ask what you are doing following me?"

" we have orders to bring you back to the pack for the Alpha." the beta said.

" well then bring me to him, though i must warn you i don't plan to stay long, I'm a busy person. people to help, men to attend to so as they don't get mad. So we must lollygag lead me to your Alpha."