Chapter 11

in the middle of the night I wake up to a strange eerie sound. A shiver goes down my spine. I sit up and swing my legs off the side of the bed and throw on a sweater. Walking over to the window I open it and gasp. Even in the nighttime I can still see the cliffs and oceans of ireland. The hotel sits right on one of them. I grin.

Some wind rattles the glass and stirs a deep desire to go outside and stand on the edge just to feel the salty sea breeze on my skin. Walking over to my suitcase I grab some leggings out of my duffel and shrug them on with some tennis shoes. I put my hair up into a sloppy but presentable bun.

I glance at my sister and grab one of the hotel keys. Opening the door I am bathed in the hotel lighting. I look down at my watch, 3:30. I think my sleep cycle is still messed up. Heading over to the front desk a woman peers at me over the screen of her laptop. I can't believe that hotels keep staff on hand 24/7 they must be exhausted. Some brochures on the desk catch my attention. Maybe I can learn some info about the area. According to uncles source that wolf packs territory is 40 miles down the coast. Due to the rough terrain no one ever dares to drive down there, or walk. Many people die on the cliff he added.

From what my uncle told me about my dad's old pack is that they are one of the biggest and more dangerous packs of ireland because of how ancient they are. The witches are apparently 100 miles the other way. They stay far away from each other due to recent events. Recent events being my parents and my sister and I. My uncles gave us a strict warning to lay low and not ask to many questions. Its a small town and the only town between the two creatures. A lot of locals might know some of the pack or coven. You never know. But what harm could the midnight receptionist at a ratty hotel do?

I smile widely and head over to her. She scowls at me slightly. Probably because she was watching Poldark or something on her computer.

"Hi, I was looking at some of the brochures on the table. There are wolves here?" I say cheerily. She stares at me for a few second before a glimmer of suspicion sets in. Shit.

"We don't have brochures that state that." She says slowly. My heart sinks, the brochures aren't for wolves, there for Wolf Lodge resort, a waterpark.

"Oh, my bad." I laugh," I must of misread it. You know three in the morning? Right?" I say trying to wave it off. "Sorry to bother you, I think I'm going to leave now." I say turning and start to head for the doors before an invisible force stops me. A tremor of fear goes down my spine. What the heck? Suddenly I am spun around, again by the invisible force. The woman is standing now, her hand is outstretched and i can tell she is holding me with some sort of magic.

"Wait." She snarls before yanking her hand back towards her. I go flying forward like a horse out of the gate. She pulls me so that I am leaning over at the desk looking her directly in the eyes. My legs start to shake and my heart is thudding in my chest.

"A word of advice Alpha's daughter." She spits "I may be loyal to your family but the locals around here aren't." If  you start asking about wolves and witches they are gonna lock you up and than its a matter of team before you go to the dogs or the hags.

I nod quickly and she realizes whatever invisible grip she had on me. I stumble back still staring wide-eyed.

"Your a witch?" I squeak. She shakes here head.

"No, I am a Kelpi, spirit of the coast." She says.

"But aren't Kelpi's, like, evil?" I say. She grins at this.

"What makes you think Im good sweetie? I protect my ocean and coasts when they are in danger. Right now you and your sister are a key part of saving it." She says. I nod, still slightly dazed.