Chapter Eight

When Louis was a little over the seventh month mark, Jake and Jesy announced their engagement. Louis was over the moon for them, but he was still in his bit of pity party. It took until their engagement party for him to finally snap out of it. He supposed it was his hormones just running wild and caused him to feel lonely and sorry for himself. He was sort of happy he was finally able to get out of his funk. He didn't exactly like feeling sorry for himself, especially for as long as he had.

Louis also enjoyed Harry's company. The two had grown significantly closer after the two had forgiven each other for their actions. It became easier to like one another. They even realised how much they both had in common with one another having long conversations with each other. Louis was happy to spend time with someone who didn't have a significant other. As much as he loved the others, it was nice talking to someone who didn't have someone waiting at home for them. Or even planning a baby- Louis had enough to worry about with that. He loved Liam and Sophia, he just didn't want to hear about their baby things when he had his own baby things to worry about.

Another person Louis got closer to was Eleanor. After running into each other at the store, they hit it off. Eleanor was dating some guy named Seth, and had been dating him for quite some time. Louis encouraged Eleanor to leave hints about marriage, but Eleanor was too embarrassed to ever bring it up to Seth. But they had still hung out as often as possible, becoming close friends.

Louis and Niall had a long talk. It took awhile for Niall to forgive Louis for not telling him about what happened between him and Harry sooner. He told Louis he wouldn't have minded if they had been honest sooner. Niall was more upset they had kept things from him than the fact that his ex-boyfriend had sex with one of his best friends. Louis understood, and he apologised for hurting Niall. Niall accepted his apology, but he said it'd take a bit to forgive him.

The rest of the pregnancy seemed to fly by for Louis. His eighth and ninth months mainly consisted of him demanding foot rubs from Harry and his friends all helping him decorate the nursery. They were all more like a family by that point. All close with one another as they enjoyed each other's company. They also got into a bit of paint wars, staining each other's clothes and skin with paint, but made sure to still get paint onto the walls and the furniture. The final product was gorgeous, especially to Louis. The bottom half of the walls were a green colour and the top was a bright blue. Where they met was a Winnie-the-Pooh border; it matched the nearby crib that was white with Tigger bedding.

The gifts he got from his baby shower included various toys, diapers, health items, clothes, a bath set, and even a knitted blanket from his nana. There was a matching white dresser along the far wall from the door, its knobs having pictures of Pooh on them. The crib was along the right wall, just shy of meeting the corner. There was a Winnie-the-Pooh blanket folded over the back of the crib, waiting to be used when his son was old enough. Inside the dresser were different types of clothes varying from newborn to five months. There was a white changing table along the left wall, a small wicker basket sitting right next to it. There was a rug in the middle of the floor, the cast of Winnie-the-Pooh smiling up. There was a window on the back wall and on the left wall; Louis had put up yellow lace curtains. He loved the outside-y feel the room had.

Above the crib, Zayn had hand painted Louis's son's name in black paint. 'Kaden'. Louis had smiled when he walked in to see his son's name painted on the wall. It was really happening; he was having a baby. It wasn't a dream.

He had a son.

Sophia gave birth to her and Liam's daughter, Jamie, early March. They were ecstatic and her labour went extremely well. Louis had a c-section to give birth, but he couldn't help but wonder what natural felt like. His c-section was set for April seven, and Louis couldn't wait, honestly, for his son to be born. He just wanted to hold the small human in his arms. He loved kids, and he was so so happy to have his own. Even if he didn't know the father, he was fine with that. To him, a baby was a baby. And he would do anything to keep his son happy.