Chapter Nine

The first week Louis had Kaden home were difficult. He was still getting used to being a father, and if it wasn't for his mum coming over a few times, he didn't know how he'd survive. She taught him a few things and retaught him others. She was a life saver.

Louis loved being a father, and he picked up on his son's cries quickly. He knew when Kaden was hungry, fussy, or had a dirty diaper. Kaden's eyes wouldn't change until he was around two months old, but Louis hoped they would stay blue. Kaden had the most beautiful blue eyes Louis had ever seen on anybody. He hoped they stayed that way. Kaden's hair hadn't lightened either, still a dark brown wisps of hair on the newborn's head. Louis was slightly disappointed they hadn't lightened up, but he still adored his son's hair, anyways. He adored everything about Kaden.

Cooing softy, Louis gently washed his son in a small tub made for made for bathing infants, propped up in his kitchen sink. He heard the front door open and looked up to see Jesy, Jake, and Harry walking in. Louis said a greeting, continuing to wash his son.

"How's my little god baby?" Jesy asked, smiling at Louis over the counter.

"He's been fussy lately, but he's good," Louis said, cooing as Kaden kept on crying. "I'm almost done, baby. And then we can wrap you in your Pooh Bear towel."

Harry chuckled from nearby, watching as Louis gently cleaned Kaden's hair. Louis unplugged the tub, allowing the lukewarm water drain into the sink below. He moved his son to the towel he had laid out on the counter. He gently dried the newborn off before putting a diaper on him. Louis couldn't help but smile as he wrapped Kaden in the towel before picking him up and holding him close.

"My poor baby is cold," Louis cooed, kissing Kaden's temple.

The other three in the room smiled. "He seems rather calm for a newborn," Jesy observed. "From what I've seen, he hasn't cried too often."

Louis shook his head. "My beautiful little baby," he said, smiling. They all walked into the living room where Louis sat in a rocking chair, adjusting Kaden so he was comfortable in his arms. "Watch whatever you'd like," he said, handing the remote to Harry. "There should be movies on somewhere."

Louis continued rocking Kaden until he had settled down enough for Louis to change him into a striped onesie. Once he had changed, Louis continued rocking him until he fell asleep. From the corner of his eye, he could feel Harry glancing over at them. Louis turned and caught Harry's eyes, making the latter blush. Slowly getting up, Louis walked over and gently set the sleeping infant in Harry's arms. Louis winked, making Harry's blush deepen as he held Kaden gently.

"You were looking over like you wanted to hold him, but too nervous to ask," Louis said to Harry.

Harry chuckled. "He's so small."

"Well, considering he'll be two weeks old on Tuesday, yeah, he's a bit small," Louis said with a chuckle.

Harry rolled his eyes, gently rocking Kaden when he made a quiet cry. Louis grabbed his pacifier and gently put it in Kaden's mouth, who quickly calmed down and sucked on the pacifier. Harry couldn't stop smiling. He pressed a gentle kiss to Kaden's forehead, watching as the baby slept in his arms. Louis stayed close by, just watching the two interact. Harry was a natural with kids.

"I love kids," Harry said.

Louis grinned. "I can tell. He loves you," he said, watching as Kaden cuddled closer to Harry. "You're a natural."

Harry smiled. Jesy cleared her throat softly, making Louis look up at her. She quirked an eyebrow before looking between Louis and Harry. Louis blushed lightly and shook his head. He knew Jesy would be asking more later the next time they were alone.