Ostara

What on earth could compel me to give up Jack? I love him, and I have to at least give him a chance. We are meant to be together. The least I could do is try. I'll try for him. For Jack.

-

-

-

-

The wedding was early in the day, before the big feast at the end. I was surprised that Eli didn't want it to be a big wedding. I figured he'd invite every single person he had ever met and make it massive, but it was quite small and cute. We mowed the grass and straightened up the back patio. We set the cake on the black table and had chair around the small patio with some food on two tables. They didn't invite that many people. It was just the family, Lady, Boogey, Drake, Mary, Death, Nat, Mr. Green, the Clauses, Viv, Sandy, and then Tootie. The capitol members that actually like Dad and Eli. Well, they didn't mind Dad, but not many people liked Eli, especially after he came out. They didn't like his gayness, but they didn't mind me or Dad. In fact, they didn't even mind Jack, at least some of them, but for some reason they just don't like they way he's gay. Dad and I are normal and not super girly. Jack is super girly, but they don't mind that. Then Eli looks normal but acts super girly. I mean, he does look like he's sixteen, but not everyone would assume he's gay. Maybe it's just that he acts like a teenage girl. Either way, he's my new dad, so they can't talk shit about him. I might make fun of him (and he makes fun of me, too) but I can say I love him. He's actually very lovable. He is pretty immature, but to me he's mature and immature in all the right ways. Like when Mom died, he was very understanding and comforting. Mature in the right way. Then he's ridiculously goofy and just stupid but in a cute way. Immature in a good way. If Dad loves him, then they should be together.

Dad actually dressed very differently that day, kind of. He wore this bright blue sweater and jeans. Eli wore a simple gray shirt and jeans as well. It was kind of chilly out, but overall not too bad, just the way they liked it.

The wedding was very casual. They did the wedding vows on their own the other night in the barn they liked going to and then we just had a small reception. Small, but big enough for Jack to still tear up at. After, they cut the chocolate cake and we all ate together on the patio, talking and laughing.

I was sitting next to Eli and Dad at the table, having our own conversation.

"You know, that guy never slept with me," Eli said out of the blue.

"What? What guy?" Dad asked.

"The guy you walking in on me with."

"I thought you said he drugged you and raped you," I said.

"Well, I thought that, but he died a few hours ago and once someone dies I can see every moment of their life. I recalled that time and it turns out that you walked in on him kissing my chest and just taking my clothes off, but I was already blacked out by then and I ended up throwing up on him before he even took anymore clothing off."

"So you're telling me that I'm the only guy you've ever slept with?" Dad asked, smirking, his ego rising.

"Yep. In fact, you're the only guy I have kissed, too. He kissed my neck but he didn't kiss my lips."

"What was his name?" I asked.

"Theordore Rodinsky. He was in college and then graduated and stopped with the drugging of poor, beautiful, lonely people like me and eventually got married. He actually got married just two years ago in Massachusettes. His husband, Thomas, unfortunately passed away not too long ago. Then they ended up using a surrogate mother to have a child. The strange thing is though is that it was niether of their sperm and it wasn't her eggs. It was a frozen embryo from some other people. The baby isn't even born yet."