Chapter 3

We got the paint out and started to paint I guess. The walls were already white so we didn't really need to do many layers.

Once we were done with the downstairs hallway Grant and Michael got started with the floor boards, putting in dark wood and a creamy white carpet in the middle. I however, got started in the stair walls.

It didn't take too long to get downstairs done.

When we finished with the three rooms, the kitchen, living room and the bathroom, it was around 5pm.

"Guys, how about I go get us all a happy meal from McDonald's?" I stood up from my crouching position.

I got a chorus of yeses before I stood up and grabbed my bag.

"Hey can I borrow a jumper or something? My house keys are still at my dad's when I let him borrow them, so I can't get my own jumper" I laughed.

Grant took off his orange tribal print cardigan and threw it towards me.

I threw it on, it was so warm and smelled heavenly. I threw my bag over my hand so it rested on my shoulder.

"Thanks" I grinned as I rolled up the sleeves a bit.

"Be back in 10" I smiled as I walked out of the house shutting the door behind me.

I walked down the stone steps an out of the metal gates.

I placed my hands in the warm pockets of Grant's cardigan as I walked down the street towards the nearest McDonalds.

As I bought the McDonalds the lady looked at me with a smirk.

I raised an eyebrow at her in confusion.

"Boyfriend's cardigan?" She grinned.

"Um what?" I asked obviously lost as I placed my credit card in the paying thing and wrote in my pin.

"Honey, I could smell Ralph Lauren aftershave coming from you and also that's a men's cardigan" she pointed out chuckling.

"Well you never know I could be into guy shit like this" I laughed. "And he's not my boyfriend, he's my neighbour. I'm just borrowing this 'cos I can't get into my house" I laughed as I waved the lady goodbye.

I held the bag of 3 happy meal boxes and 3 large milkshake bottles, which is pretty heavy if you asked me.

I walked up the steps of the boys house and knocked on the door. The door was opened by Michael who looked as if he almost died. 

"What happened to you?" I laughed.

"I slipped on the paint upstairs" he huffed making my bend forward and laugh.

"Well I bought food to cheer you up" I smiled holding up the bag.

He gasped dramatically and grasped the bag out of my hold.

"Food" he screamed.

I laughed at his craziness as Grant came walking down the now grey and white steps.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Hi" I smiled back. "Oh er do you want your jumper back?" I was about to take it off but Grant stopped me.

"Keep it on, you look like your freezing" he grinned looking down at me, I looks up at his face and smiled back at him.

"Love birds, how about we get eating" Michael called.

I cleared my throat and sat down on the floor beside him and took a huge bite of my cheeseburger and stuffed some chips into my mouth.

"What? I'm hungry okay?" I snapped with my mouth full at the amused boys who were staring at me.

They laughed and shook their head tucking in as well.