Chapter 27

"Grant, can you drive me to the police station please" I begged him, wrapping my arm around his torso as we stood outside Davis Industries.

"Sure babe" he grinned as he placed a peck on my lips.

I hopped into the car and pulled on my seatbelt as Grant started the car.

"Am I going to need to drive your mum and brother home?" Grant asked as he parked into the car park.

"If you don't mind" I poured at him.

"Of course baby" he kissed my pouting lips.

"I'll wait in the car"

"Are you sure?" I asked opening the door.

He nodded as I shut the door and walked into the reception.

"Hi can I see Officer Boris?" I asked as I remembered what he told me to say.

"Of course, what's your name?" She asked.

"Eleanor Rose"

"Okay have a seat over there and I'll have him come and collect you"

I walked over to the big orange chair and took a seat as I waited for the police officer to come.

It didn't take much time till a tall man dressed in a suit came towards me.

"Eleanor Allan?"

"Please, it's just Eleanor Rose"

"Alright Miss Rose please follow me" he instructed.

My heels clicked against the stone floor as I followed the man up the cold corridor.

"Okay all you have to do is sign this and your mother and brother are free to go" he smiled as he passed me a clipboard.

I quickly signed my name into three different pieces of paper when we walked off. Gone to get mum and Chris is guess.

The metal door opened and mum ran out hugging me for dear life. She looked different. She has tattoo sleeves now and a septum piercing.

"Baby girl, you've grown up" her raspy voice spoke.

"Where've you been mum?" I asked her, still hugging her.

"Well, the people who shot me didn't actually shoot me, it was all an act, to keep you two safe. If I had stayed with you any longer you two would've been killed by this gang who wanted revenge on me for putting them in jail" she explained with tears in her eyes.

"I managed to put the whole gang and it's bastard of a leader in jail, life sentenced. I was going to come back, what? Two years ago, but I couldn't find you, I've been looking since" mum hugged me one last time.

"What's up little sis" Chris grinned as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Holy crap I didn't know you were that tall" I gasped as I looked up at him.

He laughed and shoved me.

"Check you out Eleanor" Mum smirked looked at my outfit.

I had a white Long sleeved top with black skinny jeans and black stilettos. Over everything I had a creamy white pea coat which remained undone and a pink and blue paid infinity scarf. My hair was curled into waves and I had my bed back slung over my shoulders.

"Come on let's go, Grant's waiting outside" I smiled as I opened the door for the two.

"Oo who's Grant?" Mum winked.

"Her fuck buddy" Chris sniggered.

"He's not!" I defended.

We walked outside to see Grant leaning against the side of the car, playing on his phone.

"Hey" I smiled.

"Hey" he turned to mum "Hello Ms Gilbert"

"Darling it's Mrs Allen"

"Mum" I took a deep breath. "Dad re-married" I grabbed her hands.

"W-what?" She was out of words.

"Yeah, he, as well as Chris and I thought you had past away" I whispered.

"Oh well I guess I deserve that, for not being a loyal wife" mum shrugged and got into the car.

Chris and I exchange confused glances before he gets into the car beside her and I take the front seat.

"So are you going home or to your dads?" Grant asks me.

"Home" mum butts in, "I don't want to see your father. "

"Jeez" I heard Chris mutter.

Grant cleared his throat before driving towards our street.

"So Grant, have you fucked my daughter yet?" She asked him.

"Mum!" I yelled as I glared at her.

"Sorry baby, I was just wondering" mum puts her hands up in defeat.

"No Ms Gilbert, I haven't" Grant answered not taking his eyes off of the road.

"Call me Blaise, doll" she smiled.