Chapter 2

"I invited him." Monte said walking into view. "You really need to chill on him bro." He said to C.J

"Whatever." He grumbled as he plopped down on the plush, white sofa.

"Ayeeee! Steph, my man." Mikki said as he came over to greet me.

"Wassup Mikki!" I said, dapping him up.

"Come in, you can sit wherever. We 'bout to go over game film now." He said motioning towards the living room.

I took a seat on the couch by C.J who was now clearly deeply in thought about the plays, that sat infront of him in the old playbook.

"So do you guys know anything about the starting lineup for the upcoming season?" I asked, trying to break the ice.

"Why? I hope you don't expect to be in it." Stephen Jackson spat, and then laughed rather obnoxiously.

"Actually-" I started before Monte interrupted so things wouldn't get anymore heated.

"Aye! How 'bout we just put all this up. I got some hoes rollin through. Who down?"

Everybody nodded in agreement as girls began piling in the room.

All the guys began talking to the girls and I just sat where I was until two girls came up to me.

"Aren't you the rookie?" The one with the short hair asked, rubbing on my chest.

"Uh yeah." I said.

"Aw you're cute." The other one said, getting a little 'handsy'.

I looked at her and smirked, putting my hand on her thigh. "Aint nothing 'cute' about me." She started kissing on my neck.

"Aight rookie, I see you!" C.J said, dapping me.

*******

The next day Andre invited me to go with him, Draymond, and Klay to the gym to workout.

I threw on a Golden State muscle shirt, compression shorts, basketball shorts, and sneakers. I grabbed my workout bag and headed to the new
celebrity/ professional athletes private gym, 'Get Fit'.

When I arrived, I met up with guys and we were all working out, my current machine was the treadmill.

After running for 30 minutes I decided to take a break and get some water. I got a drink and headed back to the treadmill room until I bumped into someone, sending them flying to the ground.

"Watch where you're going!"

"You were in my way." I said rolling my eyes and attempting to help her up, only to have my hand shooed away.

"No, I can get up on my own." The women huffed, brushing herself off.

I stopped for a moment, taking in the womens exotic looks. Her big hazel eyes, her light, caramel skin. Wow, if her attitude wasn't such a turnoff, I probably would have tried to holla to be honest.

"Hellooo?" the women said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, uh- yea?" I asked, snapping back to reality.

"I asked you could you move so I can get some water." She said with an attitude.

I stepped back to take in her looks again, a little bit more carefully this time.

"Ayesha? I haven't seen you since I left for college." I smiled.

"Yeah I remember. You know, when you promised we'd keep in contact?" She said with a fake smile, pushing past me to get to the water fountain.

"Come on Ish. I tried my best."

"What ever Stephen."

"What have you been up to?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"I'm a trainer. I work with different athletes, and celebrities." She said standing back up straight.

"Hmm, maybe you can train me sometimes?" I smirked.

"Yea. Train," She said putting emphasis on train," that's all. But I'd love to. Here's my card if you're serious." She said, raising an eyebrow.

"I am serious ma. So I'll see you around?" I asked.

"Maybe." She smirked, and pranced off, back into the workout room.

Oh I'm definitely using this number.