Intro

May 8, 2008

"One more baby come on." I said to Stephen. He was on the line doing suicides so he could increase his stamina.

"Man I'm tired." He groaned. I nodded considering it was 1:00 in the morning.

"I'll run it with you." I said putting my hair into a ponytail and getting in the line. "Matter of fact, let's race." He looked up at me and smirked. "Alright, bet."

"Ready....set......GO!" We both took of down the court. I touched the first line before he did and the second. But by the third time he had caught up and passed me. I ran the last full court one and ran back to the base line where he was waiting.

"My legs are gonna be sore in the morning." He groaned.

"Get in your ten shots and we can leave. " I said he got up and ran to the three point line and called for the ball as I passed it to him. He shot it and leaned back hearing the swish sound. He finished the rest of his shots and grabbed his gym bag.

"I'm ready." He said putting his arm around my waist.

We got in the car and pulled off.
"You staying with me tonight?" He asked putting his hand on my thigh.

"Yeah." I usually stay with him when we're in the gym till really late. Steph's parents or mine don't really mind as long as we don't sleep in the same bed.

When we got to his house, as usual, everyone was sleep. He got some basketball shorts out his drawer and a t-shirt and gave them to me. We both took showers and came back into his room. I put my hair in a ponytail and lyed on his bed as he did the same.

"You want something to eat?" He asked turning the t.v on.

"No thanks." We cuddled up and I turned around to cut his lamp off when I saw a stack of envelopes on his dresser.

"What are all of these babe?"

"Just reply letters from Colleges." He kind of mumbled.

"You still haven't decided between Davidson and VA Tech?" I asked. He's been trying to make a decision for like the past month now.

"I'm just not sure yet. What do you think?" He asked turning to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Where I go is going to affect you too so you should have a say in my decision." We both sat up and I leaned on him as he put his arm around me.

"Well Virginia is closer, but I think Davidson has a lot of potential."

"You like Davidson better?" He asked moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"I mean, it seems like a better fit for you. Virginia Tech isn't even looking for a point guard, they want you to play shooting guard. Atleast Davidson is willing to meet your needs."

"So, you don't care about me being that far away?"

I sighed biting my lip, "I can't stop you from chasing your dreams and I have to have your best interests at heart of course."

"You're right, I'm gonna call them tomorrow." He said sitting the letter on the dresser. "I don't know how I'm gonna go without seeing you all semester."

"I can come visit and you can come down whenever you're on breaks." I said softly.

"Yeah I'm know, I'm gonna miss you though." He said.

"Steph, promise we'll keep in contact no matter what." I said looking up at him.

"I promise."

"No, really Steph." I said holding my pinky out. He laughed a little until he saw that I was serious.

"I promise." He said hooking our pinkies still laughing.

"Goodnight babe." He said pecking my lips and getting up to sleep on the couch.

"G'night." He walked out shutting the door. A few seconds later he came back leaving a little crack in it. I chuckled,"Wardell what are you doing?"

"I might have to sneak in here in the middle of the night, you never know." He smirked.

"Oh get over yourself." I chucked a pillow at him earning a laugh from him going down the hall.