Chapter 13

Marcus Daniels in the Media.

February 28, 2011
Ayesha Alexander

*Knock, knock, knock *

I groaned and shoved my head into my pillow as the constant knocking on the door invaded my much needed sleep. I sat up, glancing over at my 'guest' from last night still sleeping. Slipping my feet into my house slippers and throwing on a robe, I went to see who was at the door.

I stumbled a little bit when I first got up, having to take a second to adjust. I glanced through the peep hole seeing Marcus and mentally facepalmed. How could I forget that he was coming over today? Wait no, he was supposed to be coming tomorrow, either way I quickly began to panick, what will he think of me?

Marcus was not only my "sort of" boyfriend, but my best friend of some sort. He was there when I was going through it after breaking up with Wardell, he helped me get over him. And here I was sleeping around on him. Even though we were technically on a break, it still didn't feel right. But I don't regret what I did at all. I said a silent prayer before opening the door, lord knows I'll need God after this.

"Suprise." He said pulling a bag of Dunkin Donuts and two Starbucks cups from behind him. I smiled and took them from him, placing them on the table and returning to hug him.

"I missed you so much, but I thought you weren't coming until tomorrow?" I said, still not getting too comfortable, realizing that I had a guest in my bedroom.

"Well, I was supposed to be suprising you anyway. The whole 'break' thing was unexpected and I didn't know if I should cancel my flight or not but here I am." He said.

He looked over my shoulder after hearing movement in the bathroom. I didnt know when Steph woke up but I was grateful that he went in the bathroom before I opened the door because considering that I live in a studio he would have easily seen him.

Marcus' eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Oh, am I interrupting something?" Before I could say anything Steph walked out the bathroom.

"Who are you talking t-" he stopped mid-sentence noticing Marcus standing there.

"Damn Ish it's like that? We just went on this 'break' yesterday." He said using air quotes around break.

"I-"

"Nah don't even worry about it. I ain't about to deal with this back and forth shit and I see you already made your choice. I'm out." He said walking out the door.

"Wait, Marcus!" I said about to follow him.

"You really about to go after this nigga? Especially after everything that happened last night?" Steph asked chuckling.

"Steph you don't understand." I said going out to the door to catch up with Marcus but he had already gotten in the elevator. I went to the window seeing him get into his car, pulling off.

I turned around to see Steph putting on a shirt and picking up his duffel bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You got a lot of thinking to do, you don't even know who or what you want. I'm out too." He said walking out of the door.

"WARDELL!" I called out after him but he kept walking.

I went back in and slammed the door, flopping on the couch with tears of frustration running down my face.

Cara Lee

I was at home flipping through a magazine when I heard something in the other room. I live alone so of course I was alarmed. I jumped up and grabbed the closest weapon to me, which was a slipper of course  -_-.

I heard someone coming around the corner so I closed my eyes and braced myself and started swinging.

"Ow, ow, Cara STOP." I opened my eyes and saw Steph standing there holding his arm. Oops.

I laughed as he stood there glaring at me.

"Aw I'm sorry, you big baby." I said hugging him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm your big baby though." He said kissing me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming? Could've saved me a heart attack." I said pulling him to the couch.

"I don't know."

"What do wanna do?" I asked picking up my magazine.

"I don't know. I just came to chill with you so we can do whatever you want to do." He said laying his head on my chest.

It was freezing outside which was VERY rare for California so I decided to make the most of it.

I made us both hot chocolate and popcorn knowing Steph would ask for it. I grabbed a blanket and found our favorite movie "Home Alone". I brought everything in the living room, popped the movie in, and snuggled up with Steph.

*An Hour Later*

"I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get your ugly, yella, no-good keister off my property." We said I'm union with the movie and bursting out laughing after. We could quote this movie word-for-word.

"Steph, I thought about it and I wanna do it." I said.

"Wanna do what?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Not that you pervert." I laughed mugging him. "I'm talking about moving in with you."

"Oh yeah? That's cool." He said kissing me again as I layed my head back on his chest.

I felt myself nodding off. "Babe, you sleep?" He asked.

"Mmmh" I mumbled, I had no energy to really respond.

He chuckled, picking me up, taking me to my bed. "I'm about to leave, goodnight babe." He said. "No, stay." I said grabbing his arm. He nodded taking off his shirt and sliding into the bed next to me.

"Love you Steph."

"Love you too." He said before I fell alseep.