Chapter 3

It's been 3 months since I've been drafted into the NBA. Ayesha and I have been speaking on the phone a lot since we ran into each other. She is coming to my first game tonight, against the Spurs and I'm super excited. It's a home game so our crowd was going crazy at the Oracle.

After warming up, and the national anthem, the game began. I ran over to the three point line and called out for the ball, being that I was the only one open at the time. Mikki gave me a behind-the-back pass, as I pump faked and shot a three in Tim Duncan's face. Running back down the court, I happened to look up and see Ayesha smiling at me. I thumped my chest twice, as she smirked and held up one finger, pointing to God. Which is my signature celebratory move. The next time I made a three, I looked up at her, smirked, thumped my chest twice then held up the number one.

At halftime we had the lead 51-40, but after the third quarter that quickly changed. Tony Parker was on fire, he shot Three three's back to back. Changing the score to 51-49. Watson went in for a layup adding two points to our score. Which still didn't slow the Spurs down. Matt Bonner made a deep three changing the score to 53-52. I decided it was my time to step up.

Being 6'3 is basically the NBA 'midget' of some sort. So of course I use it to my advantage. As Tony Parker drove the ball down the court I scooped low getting the steal. Running full speed down the court I stop at the three point line, sending the ball towards the hoop hearing the familiar 'swoosh' sound.