Chapter 7

Ayesha Curry

Today I'm meeting up with a good friend of mine, Jela. We haven't seen each other in a while but she just called me out of the blue and insisted that we meet up.

I hopped out of bed and headed straight towards the bathroom to complete my morning routine.

After that was finished, I ransacked my poor closet ,that was spewing clothes, to find something to wear.

I settled on a white tank, light jeans, a dark blue blazer, and blue Louis Vuitton heels. According to Stephen, I have to 'represent' Golden State.

On my way to the restaurant, I shot a quick text to Steph reminding him of our plans for tonight. He tends to forget. Tonight we're planning on going to the Sky Zone with his younger sister and brother. Since this is my first time meeting them so of course, I'm more nervous than ever. I pulled up and walked in searching for the petite woman.

I have to admit, I was a little suprised when the heavy set woman approached me.

"Lookin' for me?"

"Jela. How are you?" I asked hugging her as we sat down in her booth.

"Surviving. How about you hun'?"

"I can't complain. So wassup?" I asked, sipping my drink that the waiter brought over.

"Just thought we'd catch up since I'm in town." She said as her voice trailed off.

"Um right....I haven't seen you in what, two years?"

"Yeah girl, I can't believe it's been that long." She said flipping her 24 inches.

"Right. We used to be inseparable. Couldn't nobody fuck with us." I said causing us both to laugh.

"You are a fool yo. So what's been going on with you? I got any nieces or nephew's I should know about?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Oh nooo... I am seeing someone though. But we're not official yet." I said smirking.

"Oooh bitch spill. Who is it? Do he make coin? Oh do I know him?" She asked.

"Woah, slow down."

"C'mon, do I know him? You've been out in California for two years now you must be dating some big star." She said excitedly.

"Actually, I am. His name is Stephen Curry." I said sipping my drink again.

She just stared at me with a blank face.

"Stephen who?"

"Curry. Golden State Warriors? Point guard?" I said, it still not registering to her.

"Um....sure I've heard of him. He's that short guy who does all of those funny things on the bench right?" She said scratching her head.

"Hey! He plays too." I said getting defensive over my man. Well he's not my man yet, but still.

"Yeah....right. Anyways! I'd love to meet him. When will that be?"

"Very soon. But I've got to go hun." I said standing up, her doing the same.

"It was good seeing you babes. Here, put your number in my phone so you can't try to get rid of me again." She joked handing me her phone.