Chapter 6

Stephen Curry

Before we made it to my house, I had to wait an hour at her place because she wanted to shower and change. After what seemed like years, we finally made it to my studio apartment. While she popped popcorn and made us drinks, I decided to change into something more comfortable. After slipping on a dri-fit under armor shirt and sweatpants, I walked back into the living room to find Ayesha already on Netflix.

"C'mon, the movie's about to start." She said, sipping her coke and patting the spot beside her.

I plopped down beside her and began watching the 2 and a half hour movie. Halfway through she started groaning and rubbing her head.

"Head bothering you again?" I asked worriedly.

"A little bit." She groaned.

"Wait here." I said, scrambling to my feet.

After rummaging through my medicine cabinet, I eventually found what I was looking for. I filled a glass with water, placed two ibuprofens on a napkin, and took them to Ayesha.

"Take this, you'll feel better." I said placing the pills in her hand.

She took the pills with a sour face as she gracefully took the water and downed it. As she put the glass on the coffee table, she placed a pillow on my lap, propped her feet up, and lied down on the pillow.

"Comfortable?" I smirked.

"I hope you're not enjoying this, pervert." She teased

"Maybe I am." I smirked. "I got a question."

Ayesha Alexander

"Shoot." I said.

"Why did you stay with Keon after all that he did to you?" He asked, playing in my hair.

Wow. The question I've been dreading since I was checked into the hospital. I've practiced my answer to it over and over again in my head, and I still wasn't prepared for this. No matter which way I put it, no one understands. Well, at least my parents don't. But I don't know, maybe Stephen's different.

".........."

"Eesh?"

"Yes Wardell?" I murmured into the pillow.

"One, don't call me that. Two, why are you avoiding my question?" He asked.

"I'll call you what I want Wardell. And, I'm not avoiding it."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes. You. Are!"

"No. I'm. Not!"

"Ayesha!" He semi-yelled. "Okay, okay, okay." I surrendered.

I took a deep breath and prepared for a conversation that once started, it never ended.

"I stayed with him because....I've been with him since ninth grade. I went to my first prom with him. He was my first love. As they say, you never forget your first love. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we have history. Something that can't just be thrown out of the window over night. So that's why I stay with him." I said, as tears ran down my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Eesh. I didn't know. But either way, no man should put their hands on a women, no matter what the situation is, period." He said, sitting us up.

And he was right, totally right. But sadly, at that point I was still brainwashed by Keon to believe it was okay. I believed, just like every other women, that I could be the one to change him. Everytime someone found out about him and I, they came to the conclusion that I have 'battered wife syndrome'. Which isn't true at all. I didn't feel like I should be diagnosed with something because I'm in love. Which I still believe to this day. But back to the story.....

"I know that Steph."

"I'm just saying. I mean, you know I could treat you better right?" He said smirking.

"Who said I wanted to be with you?" I teased him.

"You don't have to say it babygirl, it's written all over your face." He said getting closer to me.

"Whatever Stephen." I said, blushing and turning away.

As I went to turn my head, he grabbed my chin and turned me back towards him in one swift motion. I looked into his green eyes which felt like they were reading my through my whole 'cool' persona I was putting on.

"You're gorgeous Ayesha."

I blushed like a mad women as I was racking my brain to find words that I had apparently lost.

"Don't say anything babygirl." He smirked, grabbing my face once again and pulling me in for a kiss.

I leaned in deepening it as he picked me a with no hesitation, taking me into his room. My arms stayed locked around his neck as I wrapped my legs around his waist. Setting gently on his bed, I pressed my small frame against his rather large one as his fingers found the hem of my shirt. I decided I'm not ready to go there with him yet, so why not get a little fun out of this situation? As he began to kiss gently on my stomach, I lifted his head up, kissed him on the cheek, and pushed him off.

"Really eshhhh." He groaned as he plopped on the bed.

"Maybe next time curry." I smirked as I walked out.